Partners

Truth to be told, Earth was surprised by Mix' words. A lot of people didn't mingle business and pleasure, he was one of them. Usually at least. But letting Earth decide what he wanted from the other? Unusual, he would say.

"Business it is then, " he answered with a smile, picking up some of the food and placing it on Mix' plate, one whose name he surely couldn't remember even when the waiters had explained them.

"As expected, " a satisfied smile reached Mix' lips and he thankfully accepted the food, having a try.

"You expected my decision ?"

The older couldn't help raising an eyebrow, bringing food to his mouth in the mean time while he kept his eyes on the other actor. Said person just gave him a secretive smile, sipping on his wine while looking out the window, a beautiful view over Bangkok pleasuring their eyes. But Earth wasn't satisfied with this, keeping his eyes locked, a little more curious then before.

"As I said, I did a background check, " he repeated, " a thorough one at that. I had my reasons, and surely will tell you eventually, but for now that would stay my secret. I saw your work and heard about what you were like working: a dedicated actor, who gave his all. Even  when filming took the whole day with barely any breaks, you would stay focused and  did your best. Never to complain about anything, coming thoroughly prepared already to the workshop, offering guidance for more inexperienced actors... All in all: You take your job seriously and would be pleasurable to work with."

Mix made sure to say the last sentence a little extra sweet, before giggling a little, nibbling some more on his white wine. He looked the same and also completely different than Earth had met him last night. That Mix... was someone fierce, someone calm, collected and more stoic - or so he would say. The one in front of him though seemed more relaxed, mysterious and mischievous, almost as if he was just playing with Earth for his own entertainment.

At that behaviour Earth simply stayed silent, continuing to eat the food provided and taking a sip from his red wine. They spent a good ten minutes this way, until Earth leaned back, the glass of rich red liquid in his hand. He gave the other another glance before deciding to finally speak up.

"How about you stop acting, Nong Mix."

The younger placed down  his cutlery and once he looked over to Earth, all the fake emotions and behaviour was gone, replaced with a simple smile.

"I guess I cannot fool you. it was worth a try though, " he answered calmly, reaching out to his glass and holding it in Earth's reaction.

Of course, he clang them softly together before both men took a sip, relaxing a bit more in the situation. If there had been one thing Earth hadn't expected, it was surely Mix acting. Of course, he knew that the other was very good and could sell any kind of persona given to him as his own. But seeing it face to face was surely on a different level, he had to admit. His expressions were on point, body language matching his words and face. There had been no flaw, and if Earth hadn't done a little research - in form of squeezing out Mew's knowledge -  before coming to the restaurant, he surely would have fallen for it.

"Have you already read the script for the show?"

"I did. I really liked the lake scene they have planned and a few others but if I had to pick my favourite out of all of them ... , " Earth placed his finger on his lips while thinking for a moment , "... It definitely is the scene at  the royal banquet when..."

"When Crownprince Dao reveals his love for the isekai'ed Zen and they share their first kiss in the moonlight, " Mix completed with sparkling eyes. " You do have good taste. I read the book after the first look on the script and like the way they wanted to play out the scene. It is so full of emotions, of despair and heart wrenching... I liked that they didn't change any of it. "