Not what it seems huh?

George's POV-

They just stood there staring at each other. Dream looked confused and scared, as did I. Was he embarrassed of this, of me? Was this a mistake? Who the hell is that person over there?

The person standing by the door had a smug look plastered over their face, as if to say, 'I told you so', or 'I knew it.'

Dream finally spoke up, 'Nick please don't say anything.'

'Dude I'm not gonna say anything, but is it ok if I say I told you so.. cause that to me sounded like you just got yourself a boyfriend with the boy you were staring at yesterday...'

'Oh hey, I'm Nick by the way.' He looks behind Dream, directly at me. He seems friendly, I smile and awkwardly waved back.

'Nick, babe, I got you a redbu- OH hey Dream!'

'Hello Karl', Dream laughs awkwardly and we walk towards the two.

'And who's that behind you Dream?' Karl asks waving to me.

'Hi I'm George.'

'Hey George, you're on the cheer team aren't you? You are very good at cheer if I do say so myself.'

'Aha, thanks,' I awkwardly rub the back of my neck.

'So what are you doing here?' Dream asks.

'Well, I could ask you the same thing, but I can answer that myself.' Nick snickers to himself, flicking his eyes between me, Dream and Karl.

'Uh, I'm not catching on.. what happened?'

'Dream can I at least tell Karl, he won't say anything.' Nick asks, rather begs.

Dream looks at me, I nod believing that the 'secret' is safe, not that I mind people knowing but if it bothers Dream we can keep it between us for a while. Except, I'm definitely telling Nikki.

'Fine..' Dream rolls his eyes and looks at me smirking.

'Ok so basically, I just watch Dream not only get a boyfriend, but also kiss him too, after telling me he doesn't like George, but he obviously does.'

'What the honk?! That amazing guys congrats! You get our unconditional support! Also, I will not tell a single soul.' Karl giggles and takes Nicks hand. 'Come on Nicky bear, we should leave these two alone.'

They start walking away but Karl stops in his tracks looking back at us, 'by the way, we are so going on a double date, I'll let you guys know when I plan it!' He skips along, dragging Nick behind him.

'They are my best friends by the way', Dream laughs. 'They have been dating for about a year and a half now.'

'That's cute, and hey, you don't have to third wheel now, you have me.' I laugh and rest my head on Dreams shoulder as he rubs shapes into my back.

'We should get you home Georgie, you must be tired.'

'Yeah I am', I sigh and close my eyes, not wanting to move from this warm position, Dream gets the message as he picks me up bridal style and carries me to my car.

'Will you be ok to drive home Georgie? You're really tired.'

'I promise I'll be ok, I'll text you when I get there.' Dream pulls me in for one final hug, and plasters my face in little kisses, leaving the last one on the tip of my nose.

'Stay safe Georgie, I'll see you tomorrow and I promise to text you later.'

'Bye Dreamie!'

As I am 5 minutes into my car journey, I decide to call Nikki and tell her of my eventful evening. She knew that me and Dream were hanging out, but probably didn't expect this to happen so quickly.

She finally picks up. 'Hey George, how did tonight go?!'

'Hmm' I think for a second, 'not so great actually..' I try so hard to contain my laughter.

'Oh no, what happened?'

'Well, I walked in there with 4 things and came out with 5..'

'Huh, I'm not catching on?'

'The 5th being a boyfriend.....'

She screams down the phone, sending me into a fit of laughter. 'NO FRICKEN WAY, GEORGE ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS?!'

'Me and Dream are dating now, BUT, he doesn't want many people knowing cause he is scared of the reactions people may have finding out he is bi, or gay.. I don't know, but that doesn't really matter anyway.'

'That's understandable, George I'm so happy for you! If he ever, EVER, mistreats you, ima beat his ass. But he seems kind enough, you will have to formally introduce me.'

'Of course, I'll introduce you guys tomorrow at some point. Anyways I gotta go Nikki, I'm pulling up to my house, speak tomorrow though?'

'Yes of course George, I'm so happy for you! Love you stay safe!'

'Love you too Nikki, bai!'

I run into the house, my face beaming with excitement. My mum isn't home tonight, she is working a night shift at the hospital, and my dad.. well he left when I told him I was gay. But my mum was so supportive so it's been me and her ever since.

As soon as I get upstairs, I text Dream to tell him I'm safe.

————
💚🌻Dream🌻💚

Hey, I just got home, about to hop in
the shower, I hope you're ok! Xxx

I'm glad to hear you
ok Georgie, I got home 5 minutes
ago, I can't wait to see
you tomorrow, I miss you already 🥺

I miss you too Dreamie, but not long now!
I better get in the shower, if I don't text
you then have a good sleep!

Is it too early to say 'I love you', cause it's true! I really do love him..

Love you Georgie xxx

Love you Dreamie, goodnight! Xx

Well that answered my question.

————

956 words

Sorry it wasn't Dreams ex girlfriend at the door or anything but I had to leave some suspense somewhere. Btw, in this story Dream/Clay is bisexual and George is gay, just thought I'd clear that up.

Love you all, thanks for all of the votes and ready I really appreciate it! 🥺😭

Stay safe and hydrated!