Prom night 2

(The top 3 boxes, dress, flower corsage and flower crown, is what George is wearing. The bottom 2, suit and flower pin, is what Dream is wearing. For the sake of the story line, George isn't colourblind)

George's POV-
At George's house 1 hour before prom:

Getting ready for prom is a lot harder than many think. I have to look perfect, for myself and for Dream. The dress I have on is everything I could wish for and more, it fits me perfectly and looks amazing too! Nikki is just putting a small amount of makeup on to make my features pop.

'George, I hope you know you look gorgeous! Like I'm so jealous!' Nikki coos like a fan girl. She is also going to prom tonight, due to her position as head girl, she will announce the results for prom king and queen which I am really excited for. She never wanted to be prom queen anyway, and she can't because she is reading the results, so it works perfectly for her.

'Thank you Nikki, you have had such a part to play in this, the dress you chose is amazing, you're the absolute best!'

'Oh and WHEN I read your name out later, should I call you prom king, or prom queen?'

'Hmm, queen fits me better I think. And not when, IF. I can think of so many others that deserve it more than me.'

'George, no one deserves it more than you. You are so kind to everyone, always having their back. You know like nearly everyone in the school and you're already such a queen. You're a perfect match!' She lectures.

'Well we will see tonight. Are you nearly done? Dream will be here soon.' I bounce up and down in my seat not being able to contain my excitement.

'Hey stay still a second! I just have too.... and done! George you look stunning, go see in the mirror!'

I run over to the mirror and stare in awe. Is this really me? I look amazing. 'OH MY GOD NIKKI! THANK YOU SO MUCH!' I hug her tight before breaking away and carefully wiping a small tear from my eye.

'Hey! No crying you will ruin the masterpiece. Now go downstairs, your date will be here soon and I'm assuming your mother is dying to see you!' Nikki says pushing me out of the room.

'But don't you need help with your makeup or anything, I don't want to leave you after you helped me!'

'George I will be fine, I'll meet you at prom, now go downstairs! No negotiation!'

'Fine.. thank you Nikki!' I say, slowly walking out of my room.

I go downstairs and find my very excited mother waiting in the living room. I walk on and give her a spin to show off my outfit, smiling ear to ear as I did so.

'Oh my goodness George you look amazing..' she says, wiping a tear away from her eye. 'I can't believe how fast up you have grown up. I'm so proud of you baby!' She comes over and carefully hugs me. I squeeze back tightly and lay a kiss on her head.

'Thank you for everything mum, you have been so supportive of me, I can't thank you enough.' We pull away quickly before the water works start, and as if on time the doorbell rings.

'I'll get it!' My mum walks out of the room, but turns back. 'Oh George! Clay wanted me to give you these. They are sunglasses that have been painted over, he said he wouldn't want to give you a blindfold in case it smudged your makeup, so he made these, and don't worry the paint is dry.'

I put the glasses over my eyes, not being able to see a thing. I hear some muffled talking and 2 sets of footsteps coming closer to the living room. Someone is standing in front of me, and judging by the cologne I can smell, it's probably my boyfriend.