Epilogue + Reasons

No One Pov:

It was a starry night, wind blowing hard as the green leaves rustled against one another. The quiet soft coos of the Owls calling one another, echoed throughout the deserted forest.

Ross had taken Laura back to the special where they both claimed one another with label. It had made his heart skip beat as the loving words of Laura calling him "hers" escaped her tender lips before they came in contact with his; setting his heart-rate into an blazing furious beat. His eyes glowed with happiness and his body erupted with pure glory as he soaked in the feeling of love.

Three years later, tonight, under a midnight picnic the same feeling of eternal happiness courses through his body as his heart pounds against his ribcage, beating so loud half the world could hear it. Looking into the dark brown eyes that lit up his day he feels a set of nerves nesting inside his stomach as he curiously fiddles with the pockets of his pants.

Laura's sweet genuine smile sends reassuring flutters to the center of his heart as the feeling of uneasiness grows even more.

It had been three years since the re-establishing of their relationship at the dance. And in those three years, their love for one another had grown stronger, heavier, and more beautiful. Ross would constantly spoil Laura with sweet little gifts like flowers, chocolates, present. Their dates had remained slightly the same as they only wanted to be alone together, embracing each-others company.

Laura had learned to love the sweet little gifts and notes Ross would leave for her. Every small piece of Ross was poured into the thought of the gift. She learned to understand the connection that these gifts brought, between Ross and her. It brought them closer, strengthen their love for one another.

Red roses got her to smile. Hersey's kisses brought a shimmer to her eyes that made her gleam with excitement and little note reminders warmed her heart, it melted at the sight of black inked words written on the white piece of paper.

Laura no longer wished for a romance like in the fairy-tales or swooned at the sight of old-romance movies. She much rather coup herself up in the fuzzy feeling coiling in the center of her stomach as three special words of "I love you" left Ross's mouth.

After years and years of being caged among the feelings and pain of the past, Laura was finally able to let it go and endure to the mesmerizing feeling of Ross's love as it enveloped her body completely, blinding her sight and only allowing her heart to think for her.

That's why this midnight picnic ending sent shivers down her spine, after a delicious meal made by Ross and yummy desert to company it. Ross and Laura were cuddled up against a big old tree, gazing at the shiny bright stars in the sky. Stealing glances from one another, hearing their hearts beat in rhythm, an interior smile formed on their soul as their lips let out a comforting sigh. The simple but great moment, were moments to be cherished but Ross wanted to make even more memorable.

Swinging his arm over her small body frame, bringing her closer to his chest. He inhaled a deep breath mentally setting at ease his nerves and wiped off the small amount of sweat that came off his clammy hands.

He looked down studying Laura's features enjoying the radiant beauty that glowed within the night sky. He began to speak in a soft low voice, grabbing Laura's attention as he placed a hand over hers. There was worry, happiness, and small ray of fear all tangled up in his hazel orbs.

This was the moment he had vision in his mind, day after day staring at the shiny ruby stone binded with platinum on its sides, stating that it would last forever. Just like their love.

He had spent his time over the last three years proving to Laura that he was worthy of her love. Showing her that he would put the world at her feet, if he could. He would travel world to please her, fight whoever he had too if it meant he would keep her safe. But one thing he focused on showing Laura about his love, was that it would never die. He would remain by her side as long as he could and she wanted. The perfect moment with Laura didn't exist but she make the moments perfect.