Chapter 17

Dedicated to ashelyfab Surprise & enjoy! 😉 (the song only applies to the first part of the chapter.)
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"Hey."

Oh shit.

I stood in the doorway, mouth gaped wide open. I could here my heart pounding in chest, the air in my body collapsing as I tried to find the right words to speak.

Despite the amount of the tears that I had been crying the last couple of days, more tears formed in my eyes again.

I looked him, his eyes were bloodshot red and he could barely stand up. His soft hazel eyes were currently in gloomy daze covered up by puffy eyelids. I could feel my heart dropping to stomach as the feeling of guilt stirred up in my chest again. I knew I was cause of his pain and mine. I was reason why his heart was stomped on and torn to shreds, I was the one who ripped his heart apart after he gave it away to me.

"Ross..." I breath out when my mouth was finally able to move again.

"Hey Laura! Pretty night isn't it?" He slurred as he gazed up at the night sky. It hurt me to see him like this.

"What are you doing here?" I asked softly trying to get him to stand straight.

"I..missed..you." He said leaning on my shoulder as he tried to hug me. I felt strong warm scent filled up my nose, the feeling of warmth covered my body as I hugged him back. Nuzzling myself in chest as his warm Breath lingered on my exposed skin.

"I missed you too." I whispered into chest quietly afraid that he would immediately pulled away and leave me again.

"Come on let's go inside." I said pulling him inside as stumbled into the living room. We flopped down the couch, Ross was still holding on to me so I landed in his lap.

We stared into each other's gazes, it was as if everything had disappeared. His hazel eyes had grown bigger because of the alcohol and they were shiny. His long arms held me in place, wrapping themselves on my waist.

I could feel on his breath on lips, his head leaning in closer to my face. The blood was pumping in veins, I could hear my heart beating really fast it was ringing in my ears.

His moist warm lips slightly touching mine, I would feel the fluttering in my stomach rise as Ross was slowly kissing me. I wanted to feel his warm embrace cover me completely, I had missed his soft touch.

But he wasn't coherent and I couldn't take advantage of his state, I pulled away.

"Ross...Ross you are drunk.. You still hate me.. We can't kiss.." I said looking at him straight in the eyes. His eyes were filled with confusion and hurt.

"Why did you hurt me, Laura? Did you hate me that much?" He said in a childish voice that broke my heart even more. I couldn't stop the tears from falling and Landing on my lap.

"No no no Ross. I love you, it was a stupid bet and I'm really sorry, please I love you. Don't leave me." I said leaned back to his face as I cupped his cheeks. My vision was blurry from all the tears, my lip was trembling from all the sobs. I wanted to make him understand how much I loved him.

"You love me.." He said looking deep into my eyes, his voice getting softer and softer. I could feel my voice failing me to speak so I just nodded.

"You really love me Laura." His said lightly pecking my lips again. I fighting the urge to kiss him back and wrap my arms around his neck, he wouldn't love me completely tomorrow.

"I do. I love you Ross." I whispered against his lips as we stared into each other gaze, his soft hazel eyes coming back into normal color. His hands held me tighter as he pulled my body closer to his.