Chapter 6

Laura Pov

I sat in the diner watching the window as the rain poured on people, while I drank hot chocolate. It was oddly it hardly ever rained in California but I guess even the sun needs a break sometimes. I watched as my whip cream melted away with the heat of my chocolate.

I use to come to this diner with my parents when I little, we could come for the music and burgers they were amazing. I loved coming here on rainy days, they would only play classic music like Queen or the beatles. My dad and I would sing “All you need is love” to mom and she would cheer us on along with the whole diner. I felt nice being here alone it’s where I come to relax and write sometimes.

“hey there’s a phone I could use. My car broke down.” I heard a voice speaking to waiter.

I looked up and saw a mop of blonde hair completely soaked from the rain. I giggled as he shivered.

“Sorry, our phone hasn’t worked in ages.” He said.

“Fine. I get a hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows.” He said sitting down across with his back to me.

“Coming right up.”

“You know there’s this thing called a cell phone.” I said sipping my chocolate.

“Well mine happened to run out of battery if you must ...know.” He said now looking at me.

“Marano? what you doing here?” he said.

“What’s it look like I’m doing? I’m sipping hot chocolate.” I said crossing my arms laughing.

“I can see that, but what you doing across town? don’t you usually just hang at the Mall.” he said sitting down at my table across from me. His shoes squeaked with every step he made.

“I’ll have you know I’ve coming here since I was five years old. Plus I don’t always hang out the Mall. What about you?” I said.

“Car broke down.” He said playing with his marshmallows.

“hmhm.” I took any drink of my chocolate, The diner started playing “All you need is love” and started humming. Ross just stared at me.

“What?” I asked.

“You like the beatles?” He said surprised.

“Uh yeah! One of the greatest bands in history... hello.” I said.

“I just would have never pegged you as a music lover much less, a good taste in music.” He said.

“They were greatest band of all time along with Queen. This was back when music actually had meaning not the stuff artist are coming with now especially that auto-tune shit.”

“Wow good taste in music and extremely right.” He said.

“Surprised?”

“Yeah hence my shocked face.” he said and laughed.

We spent the last 45 minutes talking about music and sharing opinions about it. I am surprising having a good time. That is up until now.

“Rossy, what coincidence running you here.” Chelsea said with a huge grin on her face and slamming her hands on the table in process as she completely blocked my face with her body.

‘Rossy wtf’ I questioned myself to the name.

“Chelsea” Ross said awkwardly.

“what are you doing here?” he said to her as he moved his face away hers because she was leaning a bit too close.