Chapter 21

Dedicated to every single one of you! Read my authors note at the end 😉
Laura's Pov:

"Come on pleaseee!"

"No."

"Pretty pleasee."

"Jenny I said no."

"Come on it will be fun! We'll have a great time! I promise we will leave whenever you want to."

"Jenny I really don't want to go. I rather watch movies than what couples be all lovely-dovey." I said walking back to my bed and sitting down.

Tonight was the school dance, the original idea a couple weeks ago was that it would be the best night of life as I danced the night away with Ross on the dance floor. However, I think it might end up being the saddest as I stuff my face ice cream.

I had being thinking about what Alan said to me in the park a couple days ago. But I still hadn't worked up the nerve to actually go to Ross. He seemed happy with Emma, at the park maybe I should let him be happy. I have hurt him enough already anyways, he deserves to be happy.

We both do.

Greg finally worked up the nerve to ask Jenny, 3 days ago. He did a really romantic gesture as he asked her to the dance on a chocolate cake. It was pretty sweet. Currently, Jenny was on her knees begging me to go to the dance. I still didn't know why she wanted me to go if she was going to ditch me once we got there.

But I don't think I can last any longer with her high pitch screams and jumps. Well I could but I ran out of earplugs... So sadly...

"Fine! Ok I'll go! Just stop screaming, please!" I said giving in. Jenny really knows how to convince a person.

"Yay! Okay we have 7 hours to get ready! Now come on we have work to do woman!" Jenny screamed pulling me away from the bed and dragging me into the bathroom.

"So shower while I go get our stuff, and hurry up we have a lot of work to do." She huffed out and quickly turned on her heel, slamming the door on her way.

"Oh god....what did I agree too?"

-~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So she actually forced you into a dress?" Alan said through the phone as Jenny was doing my hair.

"Yeah she Ow!" I hissed at Jenny she has burned my ear with curling iron.

'Sorry' she mouthed to me as I continued talking to Alan. He was in New York on a business meeting and would come back next week. Lucky him,he could travel and leave whenever he wanted too. Unlike me who has face my problems and be responsible.

The adult world sucks, growing up is a trap. You have no more free time, and everyone leaves you on your own to figure things out, when you have a problem. It's not at all how you would expect it to be.

Despite his a constant lectures on how I should talk to Ross and try to work things out with him, Alan was a great friend. He was the person I needed after such a great chaos in my life.

"Isn't that like the four burn she gave you?"he asked he chuckled through the phone.

"Yes. And this rate I will be bald and with a chipped ear when you come back." I joked as I could feel my ear stinging from the pain.

Alan's laughed echoed through the phone as Jenny chuckled along with him.

"Glad to know my pain amuses you." I said rolling my eyes even though he can't see me.

"That would be so funny.. Hahaha.. Ok ok I'm sorry, I won't laugh at you anymore." He said calming down.

"Thank you." I sighed. He took in a deep breath.