1 | Getting Help

Chapter One

Emery

   My body ached. I could barely feel anything but at the same time, I felt everything. I was trying so hard to focus on my breathing.

I needed to get up.

I needed to get help.

I forced myself to look up. Through all the blurriness I could see the rogue. However, he wasn't alone anymore. There were three more wolves but they weren't rogues. The impact I felt earlier must've been the feeling of entering the pack lands. I was finally here. I could get help.

I let out a groan as I tried to sit up. Two of the wolves were busy dealing with the rouge. Which made me so relieved, I wasn't sure how long I would've been able to deal with him.

"Stay still," A soft voice came from the left of me. I looked up scared, I didn't realize how close the other wolf had gotten to me. I shook my head at her. I have to send her help. Clutching my side with my arm I use the tree behind me to hold myself up. If it wasn't for the tree I would probably still be on the floor.

"Are you okay?" The wolf asked me. I looked at her, gave her the best smile I could muster and a thumbs up. I gathered my breath as much as I could. 

The wolf never once moved her eyes off me and once the other two wolves were done, all the attention was on me.

"What's your name?" The wolf in the middle asked with a deep husky voice.

"Emery," I breathed out.

"What are you doing here, are you aware you're trespassing?" The wolf puffed his chest up and stared down at me in intimidation. I looked up at the sky in hopes that the moon goddess would give me more strength.

  You got this, I believe in you. We need to get them back to mom.

As if Arlo's motivation gave me more strength, I look back at the three wolves. I could tell they held power within the pack. I wasn't really aware of how packs worked. But I knew the bare basics.

"My mother... She was attacked... We need help," It took everything in me to get out these words. I rested my hands on my knees and took a deeper breath in. Looking back up at them with pleading eyes. I need to get at least one of them to follow me back to her.

"Where is she?" The woman asked as she turned her head in the direction I pointed to.

"She's not far... thirty minutes away... please we need help," The wolves looked at each other, their eyes turning grey. It looked like they were having a mental conversation. I groaned, the pain in my side, back, and legs were beginning to hit me harder.

 I tried stepping forward but my legs gave out. I hit the floor with a thud, I would've had a face full of dirty if it wasn't for the lady grabbing my arm.

"It's not a trap... whatever you think it is, My mother needs help... please," The lady helped me up, throwing my arm over her shoulder.

The bigger wolf sighed, "Get him into the chambers and send Ava to look after him, I will look for your mother, but I am not making any promises,"

"No! I'll go with you!... I'll show you where she is, I have to see her," I begged as I tried to get closer. The lady held me back and the man growled. I shook my head and I felt the tears threatening to come out.

"Please I have to... I have to see her, she's underneath the rocks... I can go with you," I pleaded, even if I barely had oxygen to breathe.   The lady began to pull me back and the man growled at me one more time.