4 | The Strays

Chapter Four

Adonis

Agreeing to meet with Alpha Fabian was a mistake. My father was right but there was nothing I could do or say to let him down easy. Alpha Fabian was never taught what the word no means. He's been handed everything since the day he was born and thought he was able to do and convince everyone of everything he said.

Wait till my parents get a load of his bullshit offer. Rowan and I were already back in the car and were expected to come home a bit earlier than planned which was fine by me. I had to get off that territory before Fabian pulled anything else. To say he wasn't pleased that declined his offer is an understatement. The man almost had a tantrum in his office if it wasn't for his mate.

God bless her soul for putting up with him.

"Well I say that was worse the Alpha Regan" Rowan said, I chuckled and shook my head.

"I swear there isn't an Alpha besides my father, Alpha Vivian, and Alpha Erasmus that know how to behave properly. They're all stuck-up and absolutely horrid leaders,"

"Alpha Baz is also very formal," Rowan added.

"Almost too formal,"

"How do you think your parents are going to react to the news," He asked. I thought about it a bit before answering.

"I honestly don't know how they'll take it, I'm just hoping Alpha Fabian doesn't want to start anything over a simple offer I declined," I sighed before looking out the window for a second.

"I should've just stalled the meeting, told him we couldn't make it. My father warned me too,"

"There wasn't much you could do about it anyways. Looking back it seemed like he would've kept trying. Better to get it over with sooner than later," Rowan shrugged, Lazar agreed with him.

His wolf is the same if not more depending. Once he's set on something he'll go through with it not caring the consequences. Alpha Fabian had this planned for a while and he had no thoughts on back down.

We'll just have to talk to mom and dad about it and see what they think about the whole situation. As for at, we also have to deal with the rouges now that we're home. I tell him as I pull to the side and park a few feet away from the packhouse.

Rowan hops out and is greeted by Cade our Warrior leader. While Page greets me, she was our Delta. She basically replaced Rowan whenever he was away.

"Welcome home Alpha," She smiles before helping with a few bags from the trunk of the car.

"It's good to finally be pack, being away for long makes my wolf anxious," I chuckle as I grab onto my own bags as well.

"Yeah well, all the wolves here also get anxious when you're gone," She laughs. I snort at her comment as if it were to make me feel better about leaving my pack. I roll my eyes,

"Way to soothe my anxiety,"

"It's what I do the best Alpha," I laugh as I drop my bags on the couch in the main living room.

"UNCLE ADD! YOU HOME!" I turn around as a tiny body collides into my legs. I smile as I pick up Oliver to throw him up in the air before catching him again.