5 | Our Alpha Mate

Chapter Five

Emery

"My lone wolf,"

My body shivered as a response. His hands wrapped around my waist and his scents were suffocating me. His scent of strong black coffee had me on cloud nine.

Mine. Arlo repeatedly whined in my head.

My body felt so weak, my head was spinning and this man wasn't helping. Although he calmed us down, his aura was threatening. I knew he held a high position.

I had so many questions running through my brain. I needed to know where and how my mother was. I wanted to know who this man was. What his position is. How this would work. I knew my mother would want to leave as soon as she woke up. I knew this wasn't going to work but this was the mate I've been looking for since I was a kid.

I was so into my thought I hadn't realized that the man had pulled away and was staring down at me. I blushed as I realized I wasn't exactly wearing a lot of clothes. I grabbed ahold of my shirt and pulled it down as much as I could.

He noticed my action and I heard a small growl erupt from his throat. His eyes flashing from hazel brown to a light grey as he fought with his wolf.

"You're mine, and I hope you know you're not going anywhere anytime soon," He said pleased with himself as he looked down at me.

I mentally rolled my eyes, if only he knew.

"Who are you?" I asked as I felt his hands wander to the hem of my shirt. I swat his hands away and he chuckles.

"Are you saying you don't know who I am, Emery?" He whispered my name as it rolled off his tongue like silk. Arlo was elated. He was more than content at the fact that our mate knew our name already. Even so, I still wasn't sure I had mentioned it.

"How do you know my name?" I squinted my eyes unless someone told him before he came down here.

He scoffed, "What kind of Alpha would I be if I didn't know the information of all my trespassers?"

I was so startled by the title he mentioned that I had no time to back away from him as he leaned down and wrapped his arm under my knees, picking me up.

I yelped as I struggled to hold onto my shirt. Goddess knows I would die if it was lifted more than it needed to.

"Put me down you coot!" I yelled as I struggled to get out of his grip. He raised his eyebrow at me. "Me? A coot?" he scoffed.

We walked out of the chambers and into the forest. I'm not quite sure what time it was. The trees were blocking most of the sky but it must've been around seven with the low glimmer of sunlight. I looked back up at the man carrying me, only to see him already staring down at me. I felt my cheeks heat up at the unplanned eye contact.

"Can you set me down please, I'd like to walk," I asked, I figured that if I asked politely he'd let me go.

"In a bit, we're almost home," Home? Last time I checked I was miles away from home.

We better get comfortable cause it doesn't seem like we'll be leaving anytime soon. Arlo chuckled. I rolled my eyes.

Who's to say we will be here for that long? Once mother wakes up you know she'll be itching to leave as soon as she can walk.

We can't leave! Our mate's here we have to stay. We have no choice.

We do have a choice, our mate's an alpha. If we stay who's to say we'll be safe? You can never trust an Alpha. All they do is cause trouble and pain. I growled as the flashes of mother stories passed through my head. I know Alro wants nothing more than to stay. But we have to leave for our own good.