7 | Skeptic

Chapter Seven

Adonis

   Slowly I unraveled myself from my sleeping mate, not wanting to disturb him. 

Ava had already mentioned the condition of his mother to me. As selfish as it sounded it was something I wanted to keep from him. I didn't want him to worry and nor did I want my pack to meet my mate in his disconsolate state.

I walked out of the room after a while of contemplation. I had to talk to my parents about this all. 

I didn't know much about the nature of my mate. I didn't know what we were gonna do with his mother. I didn't know how he's going to react.

We also still had to look more into his past. It's a rare thing to run into strays. Especially one's that weren't feral rogues. It was a really tough thing to leave a pack for a wolf. After a few months, the wolf will begin to weaken and becomes more prey than predator. Not to mention the longer you've gone without a pack the harder it is for your wolf to heal it by itself. 

Which would explain as to why his mother would've had such a hard time healing. She was on her last straw. I would assume the reason as to why they were both still sane, would be for the fact that they had each other. 

I ran into Theo while making my way to my parent's office. 

"Hey Adonis, how's your mate doing?" He asked as he bumped my shoulder with his.

"Well he saw his mother yesterday and to say the least he was very emotional for the rest of the night. I'm not quite sure if he'll want to meet the pack any time soon," 

"Hey, that's the least of your worries. At least you found him," I nod, agreeing with him as we both walked into my parent's office.

"Hi boys!" My mother greeted us. My father looked up and smiled before looking back at his newspaper and putting it down.

"How our luna doing," My mother smiles. I sigh as I slump down onto the chair my father had in front of his desk.

"Resting, he had a rough night. He saw his mother and Ave explained that it might be tough for her to wake up. He's been sulking since," I responded with a frown. I really hurt me to see my mate in pain knowing I can't do anything for him.

"Poor baby, sounds like he's been through a lot. What's his name again?" My mother asked as she leaned against my father desk.

"Emery. His mothers name is Roselle," She ponders the thought a bit before my dad spoke up.

"He mentioned he was from Pennsylvia, but I looked but the pack and not one of them mentioned two miss people. Unless they were banished," He says making Theo also chime in.

"But didn't the boy also mention they weren't from a pack? That would mean they would've been rogues their whole lives?" His sight leaving my fathers and looking over to me.

"No, that wouldn't be possible. Rogues can't last that long without being in a pack at one point or another," I said nodding. Like I said earlier a wolf will weaken if they aren't connected to a pack. It's was also really rare for wolves to be born rogue. His mother couldn't have possabile had him alone. 

"They had to have left their pack when Emery was just a child, which would've been at least been around ten years or so," My father pitched in, looking at my mother. She crossed her arms and looked up as if thinking. Humming as she thought.

Being the Luna of the pack meant she was good with communicating. She knew a lot of what was going around between pack. With in the state and even around it. It was part of her job to keep us up to date. Meaning if something happened ten years ago regarding two missing people from a pack, she'd wouldv'e most likely known about it.