9 | The Plan

Chapter Nine

Adonis

"I'll tell you everything if you tell me everything," I whispered looking down at his drowning green eyes. Breaking eye contact, Emery looked aside and slightly pushed me away.

"I've already told you there's nothing we're running from. No pack that's looking for us," The smaller boy quietly said. Knowing he was lying to me, I grabbed his face and forced him to look at me. Once again staring into his eyes as his eyes darted to all parts of my face that weren't my eyes.

After a few moments of silence, I sighed. I knew I wasn't gonna get anything out of him for now. I placed a small kiss on his forehead and let him go.

"Then there's no need for you to know about Ingram. That was in the past and there's no reason to bring him up. He's not even alive for fuck's sake," I shook my head, making a mental note to see who was even speaking about Ingram years after his death.

Believe it or not, Theodore and I are not the oldest. Ingram was my father's eldest son. However, he wasn't actually biologically connected to us. My father had found Ingram when he was only six years old after our pack had gone to war with a smaller pack that ceased to exist.

Growing up with Ingram was not the problem, he was actually a good brother and well-behaved son. Ingram, Theo, and I were inseparable. We would do everything together and even go anywhere together.

         Although, the problem arose after my father handed me the Alpha title and not Ingram about eight years ago after I had turned eighteen.

Ingram's death was and still is a very sensitive topic for me, seeing as I'm the reason he's not here anymore. Members of the pack knew to not speak about it. Let alone mention it to my mate before I did.

Just as I heard my mate about to say something else, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in" I yelled out as I sat down on my bed, My mate looking puzzled as he settled on the other side. Lazar hummed in approval as we watched him cover himself with the blankets.

"Sorry to bother Alpha but your father would like to talk to you and Ava would like to speak to the Luna about his mother." To this Emery's head perked up as he intently watched Rowan make his way into the room.

"Did she mention what about? Is my mother awake? Where is she?" He bombarded. Rowan gave him a shy shrug as he apologized for not having any more information. Emery swiftly put his oversized tee on as he ran out of the room.

"Doesn't it ever bother you that he's running around practically nude," Rowan chuckled as he looked at me. Lazar growled in response causing the beta to fling his arms up and apologize once more.

"It bothers me more that you're looking," I grumble as I make my way out of the room to my father's office.

---------

"Adonis, I already spoke to two Alpha from that area and they all tell the same story." My father argued.

"And I already told you I don't want to listen. I had already mentioned that I didn't want this to be associated with him!" I growled back.

"What if someone else in the pack hears this? What if they tell Emery? He's going to be livid if he found out about these rumors! Stories get manipulated all the time. I need to hear this from Emery, not from some random Alpha in the middle of nowhere." Lazar and I were beyond pissed. My father sighed as he looked at me and then down to the files he has in his hands. He shook his head as he grabbed one specific piece of paper and threw it across the desk for me to see.