Preface

The Beginning

      The night was cold and murky. Much like most nights. The only sounds around were those of the crickets sing their lullaby. Every now and then one would hear the rustling of the bushes or trees in the dark forest.

 A small dark brown wolf laid curled up in a tight ball underneath a bush. Roselle Beaulieu. Tucked protectively inside of the circle was a much smaller grey wolf. Emery Beaulieu.

 They spent most nights like this. Just in different places, hidden in no man's land. In between packs. Much like the ones Rosella vowed they were to never enter. To never step foot in. To never trust ever again.

 The older women never held grudges. She was a forgiving lady. A much more loving, sweet, soft, and caring woman. That all switched when she and her son were forced to watch as their Alpha punished the love of her life. That day her mate drew his last breath. Not being able to do anything. She was helpless against the Alpha. 

She turned to hatred. She despised her pack. Hated the Alpha and Beta. The ones who were supposed to protect them. Even after loyalty, after twenty-eight years of fighting side by side. This was the grudge that she would take to her grave.

 That same night she ran. She grabbed their son and the small sentimental possessions they owned.

  They ran and vowed to never trust a pack ever again.

  They accepted their fate as lone wolves.

Together they would conquer the world. She would show him how to live life like a lone wolf.

T E N Y E A R S L A T E R

 A few years passed and Emery was now nineteen years old.

 He and his mother -now at forty-three years of age- traveled, and hunted together.

Emery replayed the countless times his mother told him how packs were not to be trusted. How they only lead to terrible pain. How their leaders were monsters and abusers. To never trust an Alpha or Beta. He even knew it himself. He was young at the time but he knew what was happening in their pack. 

There was chaos. Everyone hated each other. There wasn't one day that passed where there wasn't a fight between the pack members. After Alpha Joseph took over everything had turned into a horror movie.

Soon after his thoughts then moved to those of his father and the stories his mother told him. How they found each other. How they fell in love. How strong his father was. How loving and caring he was, even in the corrupted pack. How him being her mate was the most amazing thing that ever happened to her and that those feelings of a mate were irreplaceable.

 He always imagined meeting his father one day. Although, he knew it wouldn't happen till years from now. 

He also loved the thought of finding his other half but hated the thought that it might lead to being in a pack. He'd have to find a way to convince them away from the pack

Emery was pulled out of his sleepy thoughts as he heard a noise. Far too close to them. His heart began to race as he heard the noise get closer. The small wolf poked his head up, looking to see where the sound was coming from. An unknown scent came close by. Emery being the curious little wolf he was stood up. Carefully, to not wake his mother. For she needed all the rest she could get.

The little wolf slowly walked out from underneath the bush. His head snapped towards his left as he heard the noise and the smell much stronger. It was an unpleasant odor, a rotten sour one at that.

He trotted closer to the scent. Poking his nose in places it should have been.

The little wolf repeated. Although his heart was racing, he knew he had to protect his mother. He began to think of his father and how brave he was.

A growl ripped through his thoughts as he stared up at feral rouge. This was a different type of rogue. He wasn't domestic like Emery himself or Rosella. He was wild and vicious. He wanted blood. He was hunting.

Emery gave him his best growl. He pulled back his upper lip and showed his small canines. He snarled at the rogue in an attempt to scare it. Sadly a smaller pup wasn't exactly all that scary compared to this cold-blooded wolf. The ravenous rogue snapped at Emery, causing him to let out a loud yelp. One that woke his mother up. Scared and confused, she ran towards his scent.

The rouge snapped once more and got a hold of his arm. As the rouge latched onto his arm Emery used his own paw and swiped at the rogue's eye. The rouge let go in pain and growled even louder than before. Foam was dripping out of his mouth as his lips riled up.

The scent of his mother grew stronger as she came closer. Emery saw her pounce on top of the unknown wolf. Taking him by surprise and bit down on his neck. The rogue bit scratched and thrashed all around while the mother wolf fought with all she could to protect her pup. He latched onto her leg and chomped down, thrashing his head. She let out a howl as he overpowered her. Roselle backed off as he let go but the rouge wolf didn't back down. He launched himself on top and began snaping at her neck.

   Emery knew he had to do something if he wanted his mother to live. As he watched the rouge snap and snarl at his mother, he made one more leap.

   Emery charged at the larger wolf, throwing his entire weight on him.  Teeth bared and glare heated. He chopped down on the rouged neck and thrashed his head around. He used his paw to hold his head down, taking away the wolf's ability to breathe. Emery took this chance and latched his mouth around the rouge neck as much as he could and hastily ripped off his flesh. Backing down the rouge slowly bled out. Emery stared at the wolf in shock.

This was the first time he had killed a wolf. A whine took him out of his thought as he looked back at his mother.

Emery helped his mother up and they both traveled in a great measure of pain to get to a safer space.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Unedited

Copyright © 2021

All rights reserved.

Word count: 1355

Hi hi, hello my pretty bees!!!

Why is work so stressful? I don't think I've mentioned this but I'm an essential worker. I've been working throughout the entire pandemic so far thankfully! But like I feel like customers have only gotten even more disrespectful like sheeeeeeeeh what happened to kindness? Did all of that just go out the window during the pandemic?

Anyways, that was kinda off topic but I keep saying I'm coming back and then I take a hiatus and then I come back again and thhheeeeennnn I take another hiatusssss.

I'm so sorry !!!!

I really don't mean to it's just that my life gets so busy all in one go that I never have time. Like before I didn't have time cause I worked part-time and went to school and had practice and now I'm just full time from 10 to 8 and as soon as I get home I just wanna pass out, I also moved out of my parent's house and gosh it's nice but so freaking stressful.

However, I'm gonna try to get back as much as I can cause I reallyyyyyyyy miss writing and I miss Wattpad (even though you have to pay now) lol but thank you to everyone who's read my books even though they do be cringe af. 😂

I have a lot of ideas for stories !!! And I really wanna deep clean the ones I have already up so let's just hope and pray my life lets me.