6 | Worried

Chapter Six

Emery

It took me a while to get the water running in the bathroom, it had been a while since I used a shower. While traveling my mother and I would make good friends with some human people and they would often let us in their house for a night or two.

My mother would tell them some sappy story and they would feel bad for us. One of them even said we were allowed to move in with them if we really wanted.

However, my mother declined since we've always been on the move.

My mother's plan was to get to Louisiana. I was never quite sure as to why she wanted to go there in specific, I think she mentioned something before about a cousin being there. I was never told though.

After taking my time, I lavished in the water- making sure the water ran clean and soapy.  Stepping out of the little room I looked at the sink where a pile of clothes laid clean.

It was a bit too big on me but I tucked the front of the shirt into the hem of the pants I was giving. and tighten the strings attached to it.

Looking at myself in the mirror - I was so much tanner than I use to be and was still covered all over with freckles. My green eyes had a dark coating and my mother use to always say they use to be lighter when I was younger. My brown hair was matted but not too extreme.

Stop stalling you're gonna have to face him later anyway, Arlo mocked. I rolled my eyes, I was wary of seeing him again. I knew raising your voice or insulting an Alpha can lead to bad punishments.

I opened the door of the bathroom to see an empty room. I stepped around the bed to face the main exit, tugging the door open a bit to reveal the hallway that leads down to the entrance I came from. I slowly closed the door behind me and decided to walk toward the right, down a staircase.

"Hey! Wait up!" The voice from behind startled me, causing me to slip on one of the steps and I expected to get a face full of wood.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry Luna. I didn't mean to scare you," The man said as he makes sure I'm steady enough to stand on my own.

"Emery is fine, you don't have to call me Luna," I look up at him, finally getting a good look at him. He was quite young and looked like an older version of the Jack boy from before.

"I would if it wasn't for my wolf nagging about respect," He laughed. Making me uneasy, if everyone knew who I was it would be harder for me to leave.

"My name's Zach, my little brother told me about you. Sorry about the punch to the nose, I hope you can forgive him," He asked shooting me a shy smile. I shrugged it off, "No worries I knew it was something he had to do," His smile brightens up as he begins to walk down with me.

"So what are you up to Luna? Do you know where Alpha Adonis is?" I shook my head and silently prayed he didn't take me to him. I rather have him calm down a bit more before I see him again.

"No, but I was wondering if you can help me find someone else?" I asked before looking at him, making him tilt his head.

"Of course, who you looking for?"

"I originally came here with my mother but she was injured so they had your pack doctor take her in and I haven't seen her since then. I was hoping you knew where she is? Or at least where the pack doctor is?" I needed to see my mother and I was praying Zach knew at least where the doctor was.

"Yeah, I think Ava and her father should actually be in right now. Our clinics on the left-wing, I'll show you," He said as he began to turn around and walk in the entrance under the staircase. He turned left and after five minutes or so and one more right turn, we entered a large white room with a long hallway attached.

Walking straight into the hallway and passing some rooms, after the third room he stopped at a door where a familiar scent swarmed me.

Before Zach could do anything, I pushed past the door and ran into Ava.

"Oh, Emery! I was just about to go find you!" She said but my brain was on autopilot and I immediately walked past her to look at my mom.

She laid still in bed. Her head tilted to the side and her arm was connected to long wire thing. She wasn't wake or responsive and her skin was very pale.

"What's wrong with her?" I turn around to look at Ava and she was already staring at me with soft eyes.

"She lost a lot of blood and her wolf doesn't seem to be strong enough to heal the bond itself. That's why she's connected to so many things," She said as her eyes floated over to my mom.

"I'm not sure if she'll wake up any time soon, But I promise you my father and I will try very hard," She added, I nod at her before turning back to my mom. Grabbing hold of her hand, it was freezing. It wasn't like all the other time, she didn't feel warm and loving. The protected feeling I got from her was replaced with an overwhelming sense of worried and dread.

I sat down and laid my head on her arm. Closing my eyes, I didn't feel like doing anything anymore. I didn't want to eat or meet the pack. I didn't care about seeing Adonis anymore. I didn't feel like talking to any one. It didn't seem fair.

It was my fault we got into that accident, I should've been in this bed. It should've been me that had to deal with all the pain. My mother been through enough but the Moon Goddess just couldn't leave her alone for just even a second?

I reopened my eyes to someone gently wiping the tears. I hadn't even felt their presence near me, or even the fact that I had started crying. Looking down, Adonis was crouched down in front of me.

"You mom is a strong women, she'll power though. I'm sure she wouldn't want you blaming yourself," He said in the softest tone he could leaving his hand to rest on my cheek. Feeling the exact opposite of my mother

He was warm.

"You never met her, how would you know?" Turning my head to rest my forehead on her arm. He was right but in the back of my mind I can't help but thing I could've avoided this whole thing.

"Well if she was awake, she doesn't seem like the type to be telling you it was all your fault. All you've had if each other, traveling all this way together," He said as he let his hand fall down and rest on my thigh. Causing me to tense up.

"The Moon Goddess does everything for a reason, even if you hate her decision. But now you both are here, we'll make sure she makes a happy recovery. I'm sure she would hate to wake up to you beating yourself up, my little lamb," He used his hand to rub circle on my back and it was working to calm my nerves. Although he was right about my mom, she'd hate it if she woke up to me crying by her bed. She say some witty remark like 'what you didn't believe in me?'

Adonis stood up and moved my chair to face him. Wrapping his arms around me, he hoisted me up and I let myself go limp in his arm. I didn't have the energy to struggle against him.

He walked out and I took one last look at my mom. Praying to the Moon Goddess to take care of her. Before he took us both up back into his room.

Laying me down, not letting his massage on me stop and from then all I remember is drifting off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~
Unedited
Word Count: 1461

Hellllo helllo hi
Sorry I lagged Im stilllllll recovering from my tooth. Im so sad they had to take it out but it is what it is :(

Any i know this chapter was sad and short but i hope you guys liked itttt make sure to check back in next Friday!!
Bye byeee