pt 11 homecoming

{an ik it was prom in the movie but i'm making it home coming}

THURSDAY
I ran into Grant while getting coffee before school. He definitely saw me so I greeted him. We were both waiting for our coffee when I asked "What were you and Kyle talking about?"
"Oh nothing." He replied. I gave him a look saying really? After a bit of persuading he told me what happened and I was very annoyed at Kyle. Why would he do that. I'll confront him when we're alone I thought.

FRIDAY
Today is homecoming and I wasn't very excited. I was going with Ben since both of us didn't have dates and could just go as friends. Jenna and I were currently in dance our last class and then we're going to head to my house to get ready.

We were getting ready and I was sifting though my closet to see what to wear. I finally found what I wanted to wear. I wanted it simple since it was just homecoming.

(or your choice)

(or your choice)

Jenna then started looking through my closet. "I thought you brought your own dress." I said.
"Oops." She replied. I got started on my make up not doing too much with it. I put on a necklace and we were ready by 7.

A bit later Kyle came to pick us up. Ben and John were gonna meet us there. We walked out and got into the car and I sat in the back. I put my hands on either side of his seat and leaned in, getting close to his face.
"I think this the first time i've been in your car. It's pretty shit." I said. He turns to me, our faces inches apart.
"Says the prissy princess with the electric car." He retorts and I just roll my eyes. I say Ladybird staring at me "Hey Ladybird." I greeted.
"Hi, Aven."

As we were driving I say Kyle place his hand on Ladybirds thigh. I nudge Jenna and show her. She rolls her eyes. Leaning forward, she goes to turn the radio on and moves Kyles hand while doing it. I gave her. thankful smile, god I love her.

We arrived and met up with the rest of the group. The girls were all wearing short length dresses where the boys were wearing button ups. We got inside the gym and sat down. After a while I was getting hot. "Hey, i'm getting hot. I'm gonna take a walk." I said to the group.
"Want me to join you?" Ben asked politely.
"Nah, i'm hot too. I join her." Kyle said rolling up his sleeves.

I opened the doors being met with a cold breeze. Kyle and I started walking around. "Hey are you with Ladybird?" I blurted out.
"Is there something wrong with her?" He asked.
"No, but there's nothing good about her either." I said. I liked Ladybird but at this moment jealousy took over.
"She's.....cool." He said.
"Wow great way to make her sound good.". I said.
He changed the subject "So, what happened with you and Grant?"
"He broke up with me over text." I said fake amused.
"Ahh. Sorry I guess." He said.
"Thank you so much that really made me feel comforted." I said sarcastically. "But it's fine I never really liked him."
"Speaking of Grant what were you guys talking about earlier?" I asked knowing the answer.
"band stuff." He replied.
"Without the rest of your band?" I questioned.
"Yeah."
"I call bullshit." I said.
"what?"
"I know what you actually told him." I said.
"Really? Ands whats that?" He said.
"Why would you tell him to break things off?" I asked.
"I didn't tell him that." He lied.
"Stop fucking lying Kyle!" I said.
"So if I told you to break up with him you would've." He raised his voice.
"Why can't we be together in the first place?" I said.
"I don't want you with other guys." He simply stated.
"Right, so you can be with Ladybird but I can't be with another guy. Kyle were not even dating."
"I'll end things with Ladybird." He said.
"And then what? We're not dating." He stayed silent so I took it as my que to leave.

I went back inside and sat with Jena and John. Ben was talking to some other guy so I left him alone. Finally the night ended and I had to ride back with Kyle. We got i. the car and started driving. "Where's Ladybird?" Jenna asked.
"She's going home with her friend. We broke things off." Kyle replied. This got my attention and I perked my head up. I was met with Kyle slightly smirking looking at me through the overhang mirror.

I was dropped home and went straight to my room. My mom was gonna be gone for another week so I had the house to myself. I changed into underwear and a oversized t-shirt. I went in the bathroom and washed off all my make up.

Kyle- I'm coming over
Aven- sorry i'm asleep.
Kyle- already on my way
Aven- I hate you.

Before I knew it Kyle was knocking on my bedroom window. I pulled it open "Dumbass, my moms not home you could've came from the front."