Two Different Worlds

For the first time in her life Alex saw her sister unwilling to go to school, which was as possible as seeing someone time travel.

"Kara come on we're going to be late." Alex said tugging on her legs as Kara clutched onto her pillow tighter.

"I'm sick." Kara mumbled

"No you're not, you heard Mrs Collins, Barry's not going to be at schol for a few days, so hurry up before we miss the bus." Alex complained

"Go by yourself." Kara grumbled as Alex sighed and let go of her sister's leg.

"Fine let mom yell at you then." She said before slammed Kara's door shut and leaving the house.

A few minutes later Kara heard a soft knock on her door and her mom came into the room.

"Kara sweetie, why aren't you at school?" Eliza asked sitting at the end of her bed as she sat up.

"This new student, Barry Allen, something about him......just annoys me." She pouted

"Kara, you're in the final year of highschool and nearly eighteen, stop pouting." Eliza sighed

"But mom! He called me annoying." Kara whined

"Were you being annoying?" She asked as Kara thought about it for a second.

"Not really......" She asnwered bringing her knees to her chest

"Here's the thing Kara, not everyone is going to like you, someone people will find you annoying and some won't that's just how life works." Eliza said kissing her daughter's forehead, "And Kara people go through different things and live different lives, just remember that." She said before leaving Kara's room.

***

Blood painted the hallways as screams echoed through the air. Two hooded figures were moving through a temple slaughtering every individual they came across.

"You're improving brother." Nyssa said proudly

"We're not in the presence in father anymore." Barry said pulling his mask down and taking his hood off while wiping his sword down.

"How is school life Barry?" Her tone now softening. Around their father they have to act as the pride of the League, but when they're alone they can act like siblings.

"There is one irritating girl in my history class, she's so annoying." Barry said angrily as he stabbed his sword through the chest of someone sneaking up on his sister.

"I've never seen you so worked up before." Nyssa chuckled "But you've always been good at making annoying people disappear." She said messing up her little brother's hair.

"Touch my hair again and you'll lose your hand." Barry threatened as Nyssa stifled another laugh.

All his life Barry carried the weight and pressure of the League on his shoulders. Being the Heir to the Demon's Head gave him burdens since a young age, being trained day and night, tirelessly studying and honing his skills to eventually take over the League and become the next Demon's Head.

So seeing Barry smile, laugh and act his age was a rare sight even for his sisters.

"We shoud finish this mission as soon as possible." He said

"So you can go back to your annoying friend?" A woman's voice echoed as a knife landed right next to her head

"What are you doing here Tahlia?" Barry asked as she plucked the knife from the wall and tossed it back

"Can't i visit my dear brother and sister every now and then?" She asked smiling as he huffed and turned away.

"What happened to our little brother?" Nyssa wondered as her sister nodded

"Remember when our little Barry used to say he'd never ever lay a hand on us?" Tahlia teased causing Barry's face to turn red and a sword tip to be pressed against her throat

"Keep talking if you want to lose your vocal cords." Barry said darkening his eyes as Nyssa slowly pushed his sword down, "But i do miss you two sometimes." He said sheathing his sword.

"Me too little brother, me too." Tahlia said messing his hair up.......again

"Where's our other sister?" Nyssa asked as Tahlia shrugged her shoulders

"She's been on assignment for a long time. Only father knows where she is." Tahlia said

"Speaking of which you've never met her have you Barry?" Nyssa asked as Barry shook his head

"Not that i can recall."

"Don't worry, you'll get along just fine." Tahlia said,"Well i must bid farewell, Barry have fun at school, Nyssa have fun at........whatever you're doing." She said waving and stepping back and vanishing into the night.

Barry and Nyssa pulled their masks up and covered their faces with their hoods as they made their way deeper and deeper into the temple. As they laid havok and left a trail of corpses they made their way closer and closer to their goal.

"Here it is." Nyssa said dropping her bow to the floor and inspecting the pool of water.

"This is the fifth Lazarus Pit we've found so far." Barry said kneeling beside his sister

"What's more frightening is that we don't know where they're coming from." Nyssa added, "I'll report back to father, stay here." Nyssa said as she left the room.

Barry sat on the steps leading the to pit and pulled out a notebook from his back pocket. He found it stupid but writing about his day would ease his mind, it was a technique passed to him by his mentor.

A few minutes later Nyssa came back and found Barry with his notepad.

"Come on Barry, we can return home now." She said as he closed his notepad and put it back in his pocket, "Why do you insist on carrying on his will?" She asked

"He was the best of us, you of all people should know that." Barry answered

"He was nothing but a useless excuse for a human." Nyssa spat bitterly but was met with a knife barely grazing her cheek 

"Do not bad mouth him." Barry said putting his knife back in his pocket

"My husband was useless, it's time for you to accpet that." Nyssa said calming herself down a bit.

Barry gave her a stern look before walking away down the dark hallway littered with bodies.