Deciding Factor

A few days after they reconcilied and started a new Kara has found herself enjoying Barry's company a lot more, to the point of actively wanting to sit next to him in history. But she couldn't help but think which one was the real Barry, the one with the cold glare or the one helping her with her history homework.

"Ohhhh, that makes a lot more sense." Kara said as Barry smiled

"Understand it now?" He asked as she nodded

"Thank you Barry." She said as she started to scribble more notes down in her notepad

Barry swore that he would never get close to anyone ever again, so he wouldn't have to go through the same pain again and no one else would have to suffer because of him.

"Barry let's eat lunch together." Kathlyn said spinning around in her chair.

Conviniently Tessia, Arthur, Thomas and Kathlyn all suddenly changed classes and now they're all in every single one of his classes

"That would be pretty cool actually, eating lunch with the Demo-" Arthur started until Tessia slapped his arm reminding him their at school.

"Ouch, wht was that for?" Arthur asked as Tessia gave him an exhausted look

"Do i really have to tell you?" She sighed

"Ohhh, i understand now." Arthur said as he gave Barry a apologenic look

"It's okay." Barry said before standing up

"Where are you going?" Kara asked

"We have a free period, and i need some fresh air anyways." He said before leaving the class.

The further away from Kara he was the better. He couldn't get her involved in his life because he just wanted a friend, she has a bright innocent aura and smile while he leaves a trail of bodies where ever he goes.

***

--Flashback--

"Barry wake up...." He heard a voice call out. He shot up in bed panicking looking around and hoping he was dreaming, hoping his best friends would run through that door, but he noticed Kasy's necklace around his neck he looked down as tears started to slide down his face meaning everything he had went through was real.

"Kasey.........Elijah." Barry whispered sadly as he clutched his blankets tighter.

"I see you're finally awake." Ra's said 

"Ra's.....this....is your fault...." Barry said feeling his blood boiling in his veins, "It's your fault their dead!!!!" He yelled running towards him with intent to murder him.

Ra's side stepped him and tripped him.

"Yes, yes i did Barry." Ra's said simply, "You can choose, die here and meet your friends in Heaven or keep your promise and live. Which one?" He asked as Barry clutched his fists together

"I'm going to live no matter what." Barry said through gritted teeth.

"Barry.....you have a fire in you, one that will either burn you from the inside out or will burn everything around you or will forge you into iron." Ra's said as Barry lifted his head to look up Ra's

"What do i need to do to live?" Barry asked

"Become the heir the the Demon's Head." Ra's said offering Barry a hand. Barry pondered on his offer and without hesitation accpeted.

--End of Flashback--

***

Twenty minutes passed and Barry had yet to return back to class. Kara was concerned and left the classroom to search for him. As she was wondering through the halls she passed the stairwell where they had first exchanged words and saw him on on the stairs writing in his notebook.

"It's like deja vu." Kara asked smiling as she sat next to him, "This is the part where you call me annoying." She said as Barry closed his notebook

"Kara, you're not as annoying as before." He said earning a small laugh from her, but for some reason it made her feel warm inside.

"You're not as stupid as before." She teased

"Kara!!!" She heard the hysterical voice of her sister call out, "K...Kara there you are." Alex said panting

"What's wrong Alex?" Kara asked concerned

"O-Our bet." She reminded

"Ohh, right i nearly forgot about that." Kara chuckled helping her sister up as Alex fell to the floor.

"What bet?" Barry asked

"It was a bet about whether or not i could make friends with you." Kara said embarrasingly

"Well are you?" Alex asked impatiently. Kara gave Barry a nervous look, but not a one pressuring him into answering 'yes'

"Yeah.....we're friends." He smiled as he walked off leaving Kara victorious over her sister.

Kara watched silently as Barry walked further and further away. His words left a soft and warm feeling within her chest.

'What are you doing to me Barry?'

***

Barry closed the door behind him as he chucked his backpack onto the floor. He sighed and walked into the living room of their temporary house and was suprised to see all three of his sisters waiting for him.

"Welcome home brother." Tahlia smiled after taking a sip of her tea

"Why are all three of you here and where's father?" Barry asked confused

"Well i have a lot to catch up on." Jade said smiling, "And he's out, he'll be back tomorrow." 

"Why don't you join us?" She added

"No thank you." Barry said walking up the stairs

"Barry this is the first time we've all met together like this, can't we enjoy it?" Nyssa asked. He sighed and walked over to them and sat down on the carpeted floor seeing as there were no more seats.

"Can i have a cup?" He asked as Jade smiled softly at her little brother

"Of course." She said