The Day the Snow Melted

Kara felt her cheeks heating up as she saw Barry's hair sway in the soft winter wind. She smiled to herself as she brushed some loose hair behind her ear. She never knew that she could have such feelings in her heart and she feels the longer she stays around Barry the more feelings she'll discover within herself.

Kara had held both her hands together behind her back as she and Barry silently walked through the snowy streets. She started to hum to herself until she let out a small sneeze.

"Bless you." Barry said as Kara wiped her nose

"Thank you." She smiled as a scarf was thrown around her neck

"Don't catch a cold." Barry said as Kara clutched his scarf

"I won't." She said happily as she wrapped his scarf around her neck.

Kara had Barry's scarf up covering half her face and her neck as she breathed in his scent.

She knew it sounded creepy but his scarf felt nice.

"It's getting dark out, wnat me to walk you home?" He asked

"Yes please." Kara said shyly as he shook his head softly and began to walk in the direction of her home.

As they were walking Bary noticed the wind speed picking up. He saw the snow falling heavier and heavier and having grown up in the snowy mountains he knew what this meant.

He grabbed Kara's hand and began to walk faster. He knew a snowstorm was coming and if they got caught in it he might be able to survive but he wasn't sure if Kara could.

"Why are you pulling me so hard?" She asked

"A snowstorm is coming we can't get caught in it." Barry said as she started to jog forwards to keep up with his pace.

In seemingly an instant the snow around them began to fall heavier and the wind started to travel faster and faster. In just five minutes their vision was completely obscured by the snowstorm.

"Barry!!" Kara yelled out.

"Kara hang on tight!!" He yelled back holding her hand tighter. He didn't know why but he needed to get to Kara to safety.

In the midst of her distraction she noticed that Barry's scarf had blown away.

"B-Barry you're scarf is gone!" Kara called out

"It doens't matter, we need to get out of the storm!!" He yelled. Kara slipped her hand out of his grip and ran in the back the way they were walking to find the scarf.

"Dammit." Barry muttered as he ran after her. He held his hand over his eyes as the fierce winds picked up even more.

"Kara!!" He yelled out. He saw her blonde hair peeking through the rough winds and ran staright towards it. She turned back and has his red scarf in her hand but as she was running back she slipped on the cold road and sprained her ankle.

"Kara, it's just a scarf." He scolded as he ran to her side.

"You trusted me with your scarf and i lost it." Kara answered

"C'mon we need to get you back home." He said lifting her onto his back. The wind, the snow and the night sky weren't doing Barry any favours, if wasn't League trained he would of givin up by now.

As if the Heavens had opened up he saw the familiar porch of Kara's house.

"W...We're nearly there." Barry muttered to himeself.

He could feel his consciencousness slipping away from him. He pushed his body harder and harder until they were at her front door. 

He fell to one knee and knocked on the door loudly

"B-Barry!" Kara said trying to wake him up.

Eliza and Alex opened the door in a hurry to see Kara huddled over Barry's unconscience body.

"We need to help him." Kara pleaded desperately

--Flashback--

"A heavy snowstorm again." Kasey pouted

"Why are you sad we never even go outside." Elijah pointed out

"But they're...." She trailed off silently

"Scary?" Barry finished as he slapped his arm

"That's not what i was going to say." She said angrily

"You're scared of storms?" Elijah laughed as Barry let out a small snort.

Kasey crossed her arms and pouted as her two best friends laughed at her.

--End of Flashback--

"B......Barry." He heard a desperate voice call out.

"Barry!" Was what he heard before shooting up in a cold sweat.

"W-Where am i?" He asked trying to reach for his knife until he met with piercing blue eyes and a tight embrace

"Thank god you're awake." Kara smiled happily as she buried her face into his chest. It slowly came back to him as he looked around the house and saw framed photos of Kara and Alex.

"How long was i out for?" He asked

"A few hours." Kara replied. Barry looked out the window and saw that snowstorm was still in full swing.

"Heavy snowstorm." Kara pouted to herself

"Are you scared of them?" He asked as her face turned bright red.

Kara slapped his shoulder and crossed her arms. Barry felt lke he was staring right at his best friend who he had failed.

"I'm sorry." Barry whispered.

"Hmm?" Kara asked

"Nothing." He said

"You're awake?" Eliza asked setting down two steaming cups of hot chocolate, "Thank you, thank you for getting Kara home." Eliza said holding Barry's hand

"Where's my knife?" Barry asked as Eliza looked up at him confused, "It's very important to me." He said as Eliza grabbed it off the counter and handed it to him

"Why do you carry around a knife?" Kara asked

"Because......it reminds me of who i am." Barry answered putting the knife in his pocket.

"Barry, how about you stay the night? Seeing as you can't go home in a snowstorm like this." Eliza suggested

"Thank you." Barry said as he stood up and noticed his scarf wrapped around his neck.

--Flashback--

"Merry Christmas." Kasey smiled warmly as she threw a red scarf around his neck, "It took me a while to sew this together." She said as Barry smiled and held that scarf tightly

"I love it." Barry responded

--End of Flashback--

"Kara, thank you for getting my scarf back." Barry said with a small smile, "It was given to me by someone special to me, i don't know what i would of done if i had lost it."

Kara blushed and smiled back up at him as a clock started to ring throughout the house.

"Merry Christmas Barry." Kara said smiling.

Barry's ice cold heart was shut off from everyone and everything and he kept it that way for a long time. So why? Why was Kara different?