Warming a Cold Heart

Happiness was an unfamiliar emotion to him. The life he lived taught him that the only person that mattered him was him. If someone was holding him back then he'd cut them off. He froze his heart and was void of feeling compassion to those who weren't his family.

But seeing Kara smile up at him with her arms wrapped around him with tears in her eyes flipped his world upside down. Her blue eyes twinkling in the airport lights. Her golden hair flowing down from her jacket.

Being a friend was new to him, but being a boyfriend was a whole different story. He didn't know where to start, so from now on, will be one hell of a journey.

And the overwhelming feeling that it might be taken away from him awakened another emotion in him....fear. He never had anything to fear on the battlefield because he never looked forwards to anything. Now that he could possibley lose Kara made him feel scared.

"Kara, you need to leave now." Barry said earning a worried look from her

"W-Why?" She asked seeing as she just confessed

"Kara, please, i'm asking you to leave and go somewhere safe." Barry said looking at her with desperate eyes.

"Somewhere safe? Barry what's going on?" She asked with her concern growing by the second. He saw Tahlia and Nyssa signaling him to get Kara out of here.

"How about this, if you leave right now, we can go on a date tomorrow anywhere you want." Barry offered

"Fine, you better keep your promise though." Kara said as he nodded. He smiled at her one more time before she left the building.

As she walked outside she heard a loud blaring alarm and saw wave of people running out of the building.

"Barry......." She whispered to herself. She slipped past the hoards of people and ran towards the entrance as fast as she could until her pathway was blocked by security.

"We have reason to believe armed terrorists have infiltrated the building, until police arrive on sight no one is aloud in or around the building." The gaurd spoke in a stern tone.

"No, no, there's still people inside, you have to save them." Kara pleaded

"Sorry, we're not equipped to handle this right now." He said. She could feel her happy life slipping through her fingers like trying to catch water with a basket.

"Kara!!" She heard her sister yell.

"W-What are you doing here Alex?" Kara asked with a mixutre of worry, confusion and dread.

"Mom was called here on an emergency, why are there so many guards here?" She asked

"Barry, he's inside Alex, he's going to die!" Kara cried out

"Woah, slow down Kara, explain to me." Alex said as Kara tried to slow her breathing

"The guards said that terrorists have taken over the airport and Barry still inside." Kara explained through her tears.

"He'll be okay." Alex said trying her best to comfort her distrought sister.

***

"That worked better than expected." Nyssa said

"We have people everywhere." Tahlia said hanging up the phone

"What did you do?" Barry asked

"We have a few agents in the police and i asked them to lock down the airport so now one can get in or out." Tahlia smiled