Chapter 24

"Will you just shut up? You're kinda making me freak out," I tell Will.

Will rolls his eyes and smirks. "I'm just saying that you have to be careful. You're going to the movies, for one. Where it's dark.... The back rows are pretty spacious.." He runs his hand through his light brown hair.

"STOP!!!" I yell and throw a pillow at him. "You disgust me."

"You're jealous because you're not as sexy as I am." He grins and flexes his muscles.

I flip him off and walk out of the room, ready to exit and leave for the movie theater.

I get in the driver's seat of the car and turn on the radio, searching for a station that plays a song I like.

As soon as I find one, I back out of the driveway and brace myself for the ten minute ride.

When I arrive, there are like zero parking spaces at the front, so of course I have to go all the way to the back and then walk up to the theater.

Chris is waiting for me outside, on a bench.

He stands up as soon as he sees me and puts his phone in his pocket.

"You look great," he compliments me.

I literally just threw on some jeans and a t-shirt with some random cardigan on top.

Chris is wearing some dark jeans with a white v-neck and a black leather jacket on top. I have to admit he looks good.

"Thanks," I respond. We begin to walk towards the admission booths. "So, what movie are we watching?"

"Shadows After Dark," he says, grinning.

"Uh, is that a scary movie? Because... I kind of have a thing," I say.

"The scariest movie of the year," Chris confirms, still grinning. "But don't worry, I can hold your hand the entire way through."

He wriggles his eyebrows.

"I have a better idea," I suggest.

Chris lowers an eyebrow. "And that is?"

"How about we go eat some pizza at the place right there," I point across the street. "And then we watch a PG rated Disney movie."

I smile broadly.

Chris rolls his eyes and smiles. "Alright."

I barely noticed he has a dimple. A very adorable dimple.

We walk across the street to the pizza place, and Chris takes a picture.

"What was that?" I asked, looking up at him.

Chris shrugs. "Just updating my Instagram."

I roll my eyes.

We go in and order a small pizza and then sit down with our drinks.

I sip through my straw while he drinks out of his coke can in awkward silence.

I open my mouth just as he begins to speak.

"Sorry," We say at the same time.

We laugh.

"It's okay, you first," We both reply.

More laughter.

"Go ahead," I urge.

His cell phone rings.

"Hold on," he says, holding up a finger.

"Wassup?" He says.

He's silent while the other person talks. I wonder off and stare at this blond boy who reminds me of Ethan.