Chapter 30

Ethan's POV

I pull up to the driveway, noticing there's already a familiar car in it.

I park the car and walk up to Brittany's door, and knock.

I wasn't going to let there be one more second wasted.

No footsteps, but hushed whispers.

I decide to knock again but stop myself when I can hear Brittany's muffled voice.

"In the closet!!" She whisper shouts.

The closet door opens, and it closes and I finally hear footsteps coming towards the door.

"Ethan!" Brittany gasps, her lipstick smudged across her mouth and even her cheeks. "I didn't know you were coming."

"Me neither, but I won't stay for long. I just came to tell you that the game worked, we can go our separate ways now, thanks."

Her mouth is wide open. "B-but how?"

I roll my eyes. "I really don't think it's any of your concern, and," I look around the living room and at what is obviously a guy's shirt on the floor, " It doesn't look like you're concerned at all."

Before she can say another word I walk off and into my car.
****
The music is louder than loud at the moment, but it seems like everyone is having a great time.

"Is everyone here?" Liz shouts.

"Umm... Almost, we just have to wait for-" I say as I pour more ice into the cooler.

"THE KING HAS ARRIVED SUCKERS!" Zach yells as he holds up the boxes of beer.

The crowd cheers loudly and Matt and Angel walk behind him with the pizza.

I roll my eyes as I walk towards him.

"Speaking of the devil," I mumble.

"You were talking about me?" Zach bats his eyelashes. "I'm flattered."

"We got 14 boxes of pizza," Matt grins.

"But we ordered 15..." Leslie points out.

Zach snorts. "We know."

Angel smirks. "We got hungry."

We set up everything on the table as everyone starts to eat.

"When is Jace getting here?" Matt asks.

I shrug. "Shouldn't be too long."

"Wait, it's not a surprise?" Leslie asks.

We laugh at her question.

"Last year it was a surprise, and we told him we were taking him to a strip club," Zach snorts.

"Then when he got here he was disappointed like throughout the whole party," Matt finishes.

"It was sad," I agree, even though I'm laughing.

We keep talking about all the great times we've had, it's just "Do you guys remember blah blah? Or how about Bleh bleh?" I'm waiting for one thing, and one thing only.

For Catherine to walk through that door.

It's not even 8 o'clock yet and the people are already drinking like crazy. It's disgusting, but at least I won't have to clean up the after math alone.

I pour myself some more soda as two hands cover my eyes, causing two things to happen.

1. Soda spilling on my shirt
And
2. An enormous smile on my face