Chapter 17

I roll my eyes.

"Who are you?" I ask.

I know I slapped her and all, but I don't even know her name.

"I'm Brittany, duh."

I roll my eyes and step to the side so I can keep walking, but she steps to the side too and blocks my way.

"What do you want?"

"I want you to leave Ethan alone," she snaps.

"I can do as I please, and I don't have to listen to a thirsty slut like you," I say, and push her out of my way.

"You'll be sorry, Catherine."

"Why don't you shove that up your-" I begin before Leslie cuts me off.

"Hey Cathy," she says, eyeing Brittany. "I see you've met Brittany."

Brittany flips us off and walks away.

"You know her?" I ask, surprised.

"All females who have a boyfriend know her. She's like a hungry piranha, looking for a man." Says Leslie.

Liz nods, still chewing gum. This girl has an addiction. "Bruh, I'm like totally not even joking with that girl. She tried to get at Matthew right in front of me, like, what?"

"She told me to stay away from Ethan," I say.

Diana joins the table, followed by Carly.

"What did you tell her?" Asks Diana.

"I told her I didn't have to listen to a thirsty slut like her," I say shrugging.

"Yassss," says Liz, pulling out a pack of gum. "Gum, anybody?"

We all shake our heads.

"So why don't you guys sit with the guys?" I ask, referring to their boyfriends.

Diana shakes her head. "It takes away all the fun," she says, as if it were obvious.

"From what?" Asks Carly.

"You'll see," promises Leslie.

"So how did you meet them?" I ask, after a moment of silence.

Liz speaks up first. "I was at his neighbor's haunted house last year, and he totally ruined my dress. Long story, but that's how we started talking."

Leslie speaks up next. "I was running the track after school, and they were practicing soccer. Angel thought it would be funny to watch a girl make a fool of herself playing with them, so he invited me. I didn't know him then, but he didn't know I've practiced soccer all my life, and was impressed I could play, and he invited me to practice at his house a few times, and we've been going out for two years."

Diana shrugs. "I was playing video games with Zack-"

"Why were you playing video games with Zack?" I ask.

Carly looks confused too.

"He's my cousin." She says.

Well that was unexpected.

"Anyway, Sam and Ethan and Chris came over. Sam and I hit it off because we were into the same video games."

Wow.

"How about you and Ethan?" Asks Liz.

"Oh I went to one of his parties, and I stepped in puke. He helped me clean my shoe and then-" I say.

"That was you?" Leslie asks, laughing.

"Yeah," I say, looking down at my shoes.

"We all heard about it, but nobody knew who it really was," says Diana.