No You Cannot Borrow My Pencil...

I'm sitting in AP Spanish doodling in the margin of my notebook. AP Spanish is the only class I have without Natasha. She's in AP French. But Zahra, the eldest twin by 30 seconds, is in this class. She comes over to talk to me before the bell rings and manages to sit down before Mrs. Gonzales walks into class.

"Okay class. Take out your textbooks and turn to page 45. After this we will only communicate in Spanish. If you are having trouble, use your Spanish dictionary."

We all turn to our assignment and try to keep up while Mrs. Gonzales writes on the board at the speed of light.

About five minutes later the classroom door swings open. And lo and behold! New Boy walks in.

"Agradable de que te unas a posotros, Logan."

"Lo siento." He hands her a tardy pass. She eyeballs it and then tells him to sit anywhere he likes. The only other available seat is at my table.

I pretend to be deep into my work, but I'm really watching him from behind the curtain that is my hair. He plops down and takes out his notebook. He beings to write down the notes on the board. I'm amazed by how neat his handwriting is.

He catches me staring and my face turns red. I can feel it. He doesn't say anything, just gets back to writing.

I'm halfway through the notes when he taps my shoulder.

"I'm Logan," he whispers.

I don't look at him, "Bella."

"Short for Isabella?" he guesses.

"Bella." I hate when people call me Isabella.

I go back to writing when he taps my shoulder again. I glare at him as hard as I can. "What?"

"Can I borrow your pencil?" He shakes his pen, "All outta ink."

"I'm using my pencil." I go back to writing. He's wasting my time.

"I'm sure you have more," he snatches the pencil out of my hand and winks at me. I silently fume while digging into my bag for another pencil. Who does he think he is?

He glances at me with a smirk on his face. I just continue to glare at my paper. I look at the clock: thirty more minutes and I'll be out of this class.

Mrs. Gonzalas tells us our assignment and dismisses us. The bell rings as I'm walking out of class. I'm almost to my locker when I feel someone grab my shoulder. I whirl around and Logan is standing there with my pencil.

"Forgot something." His eyes twinkle and change shades of green. "I wouldn't wanna be seen with this lovely pencil."

He says it sarcastically. I snatch back my Hello Kitty pencil and shove it into my backpack. Then I turn on my heels and walk away.

"Thanks!" He calls out.

I ignore him and go to my locker.

Natasha beats me to my locker and stands there with her eyebrows raised.

"What was that about?" She asks.

I shake my head, "nothing. Just another douche bag."

"Bad boy," she winks and sticks a piece of gum in her mouth.

I shake my head at my weird friend and grab my keys.