You Grip Your Balls Too Tight

On Saturday night Natasha insists that Logan and I join her and Chris for a bowling match. I'm not really in the mood considering what happened to Zahra but Logan encouraged me to go.

So here I am in line for bowling shoes when I could be at home watching Pretty Little Liar reruns.

"What size ma'am?" The guy behind the counter asks.

"Size six please." The thought of sticking my feet into the same shoe as hundreds of other people have, kinda freaks me out. But I don't voice my thoughts.

When we get to our lane Chris smiles smugly. "I think you ladies should know that I am a bowling champion. No one can beat me."

"You've never played against me dumb ass," Logan says, picking out his bowling ball.

"Will this ruin my nails?" Natasha asks.

No one answers her and she huffs before picking out a shiny, hot pink bowling ball.

I go to grab a ball and my arm is almost ripped from it's socket because of how heavy it is.

"Easy there! You should never pick a ball too heavy for you," Logan takes the ball from me and replaces it with a smaller green ball. This one is much easier to carry.

Sadly I have never bowled a day in my life. I always feared sliding down the lane and into the pin pit.

Chris turns on the score board and enters his name as "Big Daddy." He enters Natasha's as "Big Tits" and she rolls her eyes at him.

I enter my name and head back to my chair. Logan enters his and slides up next to me.

"Big Daddy is first!" Chris announces.

He grabs his black ball and heads up to the lane. He holds the ball forward, then backwards before shaking his butt.

"What the hell man! Just throw the ball," Logan laughs.

Chris turns around and squints at Logan. "Don't kill my vibe. I have a certain mojo bro."

"Mojo my ass. Throw the ball!"

Chris repeats his steps and sends the ball rolling down the lane. He gets a strike and turns around with the world's cockiest grin on his face.

"Don't mess with my mojo."

I glance at the screen and that's when I notice my name change. I entered Bella but it reads Isabella. Logan must have changed it when he entered his.

"Your turn Big Tits," I say to Natasha.

She glowers at me and grabs her pink ball. She doesn't stick her fingers in the holes. She holds the ball on either side like she's holding a bucket of water. She sets it down on the lane and pushes it.

"Cheater!" Chris cries.

The ball rolls down the lane and knocks over six pins. Natasha does a happy dance before heading back to her seat.

"Beat that Bella," she smirks.

I grab my ball and walk up to the lane. I stick my fingers into the holes and lock onto the ball. I swing it forward and then backwards before it flies out of my hand. I turn around and brace myself for a gory sight of blood or shattered glass. But instead Logan is holding the ball with a bemused smile on his face.

"I'm so sorry," I clasp a hand over my mouth to keep my laugh from escaping.

"I didn't know you wanted to kill me, woman," he shakes his head. "You wanna give it another shot? Maybe this time you won't try to accidentally behead me?"

I snatch my ball back and head to the lane again. I lock onto the ball and swing it forwards then backwards. When I swing it forward again I release it and it goes straight up into the air then straight down before veering off into the left gutter.

I swear to myself and take my seat.

Chris claps sarcastically, "You're so professional Bella!"

I give him a sidelong glance, "I'll end you."

Logan grabs his ball and steps up to the lane. He lightly tosses the ball and it slides into the right gutter. He shrugs and heads back to me.

"Duuuuude! I thought you said you were good?" Chris laughs hysterically. "You suck ass."

"Oh yeah?" Logan raises a brow. "I bet Isabella and I could beat you and Natasha in a match."

"A bet? With you guys' skills? That's easy money. How much?"

Logan pulls out his wallet and slaps two hundred dollars onto the score board. "All or nothing."

"You're so on," Chris slaps his two hundred down and calls Natasha to him. They huddle up and begin planning.

"What are you thinking? We suck," I whisper.

"No," he brushes back my hair, "you suck. I pretended so that I can make him put money down."

My jaw drops and he literally closes my mouth for me.

"Okay. Your problem is you grip your balls too tight," he smiles mischievously, "that's not a bad thing. You just have to know which balls to hold tight."

My face flushes and he continues.

"Loosen your grip. Let the ball do it's thing. Make sure your stance is strong. Don't be wobbly. And focus the ball dead center. Okay?"

I nod and we come out of our huddle.

Chris changes the score board to Team One and Team Two.

"Ladies first," Logan says.

"Ha ha so funny," Chris grabs his ball and the competition begins.

For the first thirty minutes Chris and Logan get nothing but strikes. Natasha knocks down 4-6 pins each time. With Logan's advice, I knock down 7-9 and even have a few spares here and there.

We continue this for a few more minutes before Chris gets his first gutter. And from there it goes down south for him. Logan murders him each time it's his turn. Natasha and I take a leave of absence to munch on a pretzel together. They go at it for another forty five minutes before Team Two flashes across the screen. We win.

"I was cheated!" Chris whines, "I demand a rematch."

Logan laughs and snatches the four hundred dollars off of the score board. "Sweet, sweet victory."

"Cheating asses," Chris shakes his head.

Logan grabs me and lifts me into the air like I weigh nothing. He plants a huge kiss on my cheek before kissing the rest of my face.

"I wouldn't have won without my princess," he continues to kiss me. We both know that's a lie.

"I want a rematch," Chris mumbles.

"One day, grasshopper. One day."

Logan slips the four hundred dollars in my back pocket and squeezes my butt.

"You won that fair and square. I can't keep this," I go to grab the money but he holds my hand.

"Order a nice dress," he whispers and kisses my cheek. "Alright! Let's go losers! Pizza on me. Cheese pizza on me."

I smile.

"Cheese," he emphasizes.

I laugh and bury my head into his chest. Watching my bad boy try to be good is too funny.