Keeping It Gangster Since 1997

"Wait what? I'm going to need you to explain that again." Natasha and I flop onto the bean bag chairs located in the back of the school's library. I run down the story of what happened yesterday between Logan and Kyler again just to make sure she understands every detail.

"It was so embarrassing even though no one was there to see it." I pull out my granola bar which somehow tastes as salty as my mood.

"Are you kidding? I wish I had guys fighting over me." Natasha rolls her head back and I have a feeling that she's preparing for a nap.

Before I can even question it she's out like a light. I get up and pull the bottom of her mini skirt down to hide her underwear. When that doesn't work I take off my cardigan and lay it across her mid area. I seriously don't understand how she could wear this to school.

I slump back into my bean bag and pull out my history notes and review them. Ten minutes later I nearly jump out of my skin when I feel someone's hands knot in my hair and then lips on my neck.

"I'm sorry Bella." Kyler releases my hair and pulls me out of the chair. "I didn't mean to upset you yesterday. He was just getting on my nerves."

I pull him into the encyclopedia section of the library. Almost no one ever comes in this section.

"What you did was not okay."

"I know."

"You should have held your composure better than that," I cross my arms and stare at him.

"I know. I was a douche. I'm sorry," Kyler pulls something out of his pocket. I stare at the tiny box as he opens it.

"What is this?" I ask.

"Gimme your hand."

"Kyler I can't accept this..."

He pulls out the diamond ring and slips it onto my right middle finger.

"It's just part two of your other gift." He touches the diamond necklace on my chest. "And to show you how sorry I am."

"I would have been fine with just the apology," I mumble.

"But I wouldn't have been." He kisses my cheek, "I gotta get back to math. See you later?"

"Maybe," I smile and playfully push him away from me.

I'm almost back to Natasha when Logan comes and picks me up off of the ground.

"And where do you think you're going?" He wraps my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. "Mr. Fuck Ass isn't the only one that can apologize."

"Let me down Logan," I sigh.

"No. We're going to take a walk."

"Then let me walk."

"Nah. It's pretty chilly outside. We could use each other's body heat," his eyes crinkle as he laughs at his own joke.

"I'm not skipping class to hear your lame apologies."

"Honey this is free period. And boo, I'm never lame."

"Don't ever say 'boo' again." I shake my head.

"Why boo?"

When we get outside he sets me down on a bench. He kneels down in front of me.

"I'm sorry."

"For?"

"For being late. And being a dick. And causing tension between you and your boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend."

Logan taps the ring on my middle finger. "He's got you marked."

"I'm not property. I can't be marked," I stand up and rub my arms. It is pretty chilly.

Logan takes off his hoodie and hands it to me. "Here."

"Huh? No you must be freezing. I'm fine."

He pulls me to him and puts the hoodie on me. "Don't be modest. This is a one time thing. I want my damn hoodie back."

He lifts my hair out of it and pulls the hood low on my head.

"Keeping it ganster since 1997," he jokes.

"I'm all about the thug life," I attempt a thuggish pose and I slip on a bottle cap.

"Woooow. Go back to class before that bottle cap is charged with manslaughter."

Logan nudges me away from him and I hide my smile with his huge hoodie sleeve. It smells like his pine cologne.

When I get into the library Natasha is standing by the door with her arms crossed.

"I can't believe you bailed on me."

I grab her and squeeze her. "Oh Natasha. You bailed on me when you fell asleep."

"Why are you wearing that big ass sweater?" She yawns. I smooth down her bed head for her.

"It's Logan's."

"Wait. I thought you were mad at him?"

"I forgave him."

"And Kyler?" She lifts up my right hand and stares at the ring.

"Forgave him to."

She drops my hand.

"I should go pick a fight with Chris so he can apologize to me."

We pack up our stuff and walk out of the library. Kyler waves at me while we pass each other. Logan winks at me when I see him.

"Looks like you have a decision to make." Natasha nudges me.

I hate how right she is. For the first time I am unsure about my feelings. Because I think I might be falling for Logan.