Someone's Green With Envy

Monday morning I stroll into school feeling really good. My mind is still processing how much of a turn my love life has taken. Who would have thought that I, of all people, would end up dating Logan?

I go to my locker and toss my bag inside. I have World History first and we're going to be watching a documentary on the Holocaust, so I don't need my textbooks.

Natasha runs up to me with a orange flyer in her hand. "Look. At. This." She says it just like that. As if each word is its own sentence.

I squint at the paper and then raise my brows, "Fall formal? That's a thing?"

She snatches the flyer back and jumps up and down. "It's new. Instead of the winter formal we're doing the fall formal!"

I proceed down the hallway and weave my way through the students. Natasha follows close behind me.

"Why aren't we doing the winter formal?" I ask.

"Because. No one wants to get dressed up and then have to treck through the snow. It's better to have it now."

Zahra walks up holding a flyer as well. "What's a 'fall formal?'"

Natasha shakes her head. "You guys are so dumb."

"It's a knock off of the winter formal," I joke. Natasha pushes me and I bump into someone.

"Bella." It's Kyler. "Can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Sorry I need to get to class."

When I walk away he reaches out and gently grabs my hand.

"Please?"

Zahra clears her throat, "Uh we're gonna go... over there... and uh... breathe?" She grabs Natasha, who's standing there with her brow raised and arms crossed. She looks like she might hit Kyler.

"Look, I really need to get to class," I sigh.

"Please. Just let me explain. I really like you. Really. But that was my ex and things just got a bit out of hand. It doesn't mean anything. I swear."

I bite the inside of my cheeks and stare into space. All I can think about is Logan's hands on me. His lips on my lips. His green eyes staring intently at me. And then I realize that I have no feelings for Kyler. I search again and come up with the same results.

"Good to know," I finally say. I reach into my front pocket and pull out the diamond necklace and matching ring. I lift his hand up and place them in his palm.

"Bella..." A wounded look takes up his face. "Please."

I close his fingers around the jewelry. I give him a curt nod and then walk away.

"Go over there to breathe? Really Zahra?" I say when I catch up to them.

"Just be happy I got this one away from McDouche."

Natasha rolls her eyes and storms up to Kyler. I watch in shock as she slaps him hard across the face. He looks at her in surprise and she slaps him again. And then again. Zahra runs up and grabs her. She has to literally drag Natasha away.

Hands wrap around my waist and Logan nuzzles my neck. "That was the funniest thing all week."

I turn around to face him and he grabs my hands.

"You, me, fall formal?" He asks.

"You want to go to that?"

"Um. Yeah? When else will I see you in a sexy dress?"

"Pig." I shake my head.

He kisses my neck and whispers, "oink oink."

What a cornball.

"We're going." He says.

Something bangs in the distance and I turn towards the noise. I see Zoey standing at the end of the hallway glaring at me. Judging by the look on her face and the loud bang I'm guessing she punched the locker.

Her hair is tangled and she has dark circles under her eyes. I'm taken aback. She looks like something out of an asylum.

"Stupid bitch." She walks towards me. "Stupid fucking bitch."

I just stand there and stare at her. What happened?

"Someone's green with envy," Natasha whispers before walking away.

"Logan I thought we had something? I thought you liked me."

I look at Logan and he looks at Zoey with a blank expression. "Had something?"

"Yes! I fell for you! And then you just drop me like I'm nothing! For this piece of shit." She spits on the floor and I wrinkle my nose. That's gross.

Zahra swats her sister's arm. "Chill."
"No. This isn't fair." Zoey makes a move and Zahra grabs her arm.

"Chill out right now. Because you're full of bullshit Zoe. Dylan told me about how you tried to 'come on' to him. My own sister! Trying to get with my boyfriend. You have no right to be upset with Logan."

Everyone within a twenty feet radius has their jaws on the floor. Zoey looks at her sister. Zahra doesn't waver. She stares at her until Zoey walks away.

"Sorry about that," Zahra pats Logan's shoulder and walks away.

What just happened?

"So winter formal?" Logan laughs.

"Uh. Yeah. Wait what just happened?"

"I don't even know. I think I was played."

"Are you heartbroken?"

"Not really. Her ass is flat anyways. I like girls with nice butts." He slaps my butt and walks away before I can punch him.

Again, what just happened?