Do I Intimidate You?

The next day I stroll into AP Spanish, happy that I finished my homework with extra time to spare. After turning in my assignment I go to my desk and begin reading the assigned pages for today.

Someone slumps onto my desk and I look up to find Logan staring at me with a smug expression.

"Why'd you skip out on the mall, Isabella?" He says in his husky voice.

I clench my right hand into a fist. "My name is Bella. And I had lots of homework, if you must know."

"Is that right?"

"Yes. It is. I would appreciate it if you could get off of my desk. You're way too close for my liking." I pull my book closer to me.

He remains where he is and even moves a little closer, "what's your deal? I'm new as fuck to this school. I haven't done anything to you."

I close my book and glare at him," why do you insist on talking to me? I've made it obvious that I'm not interested in conversating with you."

"If you can give me one reason why then I'll leave you alone." He presses his lips into a hard line.

I stammer for a few seconds.

"Exactly my point." He eases off of my desk and towers over me, "do I intimidate you?"

I roll my eyes, "you wish."

"Okay class! Take out your textbooks!"

Logan snatches a pencil off of my desk and winks at me. I glare at him as hard as I can but it doesn't do anything.

I suffer through forty five minutes of Mrs. Gonzales' fluent Spanish, and Logan's constant stares until the bell finally rings and I'm dismissed.

"Bella wait up!" Logan walks up to me, exactly the same way he did yesterday.

"Here to give me back my pencil?" I ask opening my locker.

"Nah. I actually like this pencil. So I'm gonna keep it."

I roll my eyes for what seems like the billionth time today.

"I came to ask you if you'd have lunch with me."

I turn around and look up at him. He looks down at me and smiles. I can't lie, his smile is really attractive. And so are his green eyes...

Get a hold of yourself Bella.

"No thank you. I'm supposed to be having lunch with Natasha," I say.

"Oh really? You might want to reschedule that."

I turn around and see Natasha walking out of the school doors with Chris Howie. Her ex. What were they doing together?

"So... Lunch?" Logan presses.

I bang my head against my locker several times before answering.

"I guess, Logan."

He grabs my hand and leads me out of the school, "good. Maybe you can actually learn a thing or two about me."