What A Dick

"You want me to get on that thing?" I screech at him.

His motorcycle is in the far left corner of the school's parking lot. Away from all of the cars.

He tosses me a helmet and I nearly drop it on my toes because of how heavy it is. "Yeah? It's called riding a motorcycle sweetheart."

"Um...no thanks. I don't have a death wish." I hand him the helmet and begin to walk away. He grabs my wrist and pulls me back towards the motorcycle.

"Don't get your thong in a bunch. Lighten up."

I snatch my arm away, "I don't wear thongs, asshole."

He leans towards me and smiles mischievously, "prove it."

"Bye." I stomp away but he catches up and drags me back to the motorcycle again. What wasn't he understanding about this?

He pushes the kick stand back up and gets on the bike. Then he pats the space behind him. "Any day now, sweetheart."

I shift from one foot to the other. My pulse is beating a mile a minute. I do not want to do this. But something in me does want to do this. I take the helmet from him and bluckle it onto my head. It's way too big but it's better than nothing.

"You...you want me to sit behind you?" I ask nervously.

He smirks at me, "you can always sit on my lap. But that might be a little uncomfortable considering how big my -"

"I'll sit in the back!" I interrupt.

He chuckles and starts the motorcycle. I climb on back and he grabs my arms and wraps them around his waist.

"Touch me just like that baby girl."

I roll my eyes and he laughs before speeding off down the street. My grip on his waist tightens. I get that feeling of being dropped from a hundred story building in my stomach. My hair flies from under the helmet and obscures my vision.

"Wooooooo! Isn't this fun Isabella?"

I pinch his side and shout, "My name is Bella!"

"Your name is Isabella! Your nickname is Bella! I don't like nicknames."

I smile a tiny smile to myself. I would never let him see this. But he catches me in one of his side mirrors.

"What are you smiling for? Having fun?"

"Maybe a little!" I admit. "You'll ruin it though."

He laughs and throws his head back. And that's when I notice he's not wearing a helmet. "Oh ye of little faith!"

"Pay attention to the road!"

"Yes mother!"

We race down the street and surprisingly don't have to stop at any stop lights. Logan slows down and pulls into Peggy's Pizzeria. It's a cozy little pizza place downtown.

I get off of the bike and unbuckle the helmet. Logan takes it from me and sets it on the seat. When he turns back around and looks at me he laughs.

"What?" I hiss. I don't like being laughed at.

He walks closer and smooths down my hair, "You have helmet hair."

I reach up, now self conscious, and touch my hair.

"I fixed it. Don't worry."

I feel my face burning. "Thanks."

When we get inside I tell Logan than I need to use the lady's room. He offers to order the pizza and I accept. I splash my face with cool water and stare at my reflection.

My pale skin is still red from Logan's kindness. I run my fingers through my jet black hair and sigh. I'm actually having a good time. Who knew? I just hope he doesn't ruin this.

I walk out of the bathroom and spot Logan at a two seated booth.

"I ordered you an iced tea. You don't seem like the soda type." He leans back and raises an eyebrow at me.

"Impressive. I actually don't drink soda." I take a seat and sip the iced tea.

He smiles and drinks his coke.

The waitress comes to our table a few minutes later. She sets a medium sized pizza on our table. I'm shocked by the toppings. It's the meat lover's special.

"What is this?" I ask.

"Pizza." Logan takes a slice and bites into it. "What's wrong?"

I shake my head, "I don't seem like the soda type but I seem like the meat lover's type? What logic are you using?"

"What's wrong with meat? It's meat. Everyone loves meat." He furrows his brows.

"Not vegetarians, Logan. Gosh you could have just ordered a cheese pizza. I can't eat this."

Logan squints his eyes at me, "what's the point of being vegetarian? Do you honestly think you're saving animals? I mean I'm eating them right now so they're pretty screwed."

"Well excuse me if it makes me feel a little better."

He laughs and bites his pizza. "That's stupid."

I get up, "I can't do this." I storm out of the restaurant and begin walking down 1st avenue.

"Where are you going?" He shouts at me.

"Back to school!"

"School is fourteen blocks away! Let me take you back!"

I laugh, "No thanks! I'd rather walk than ride back with you."

Logan runs up to me, "don't be irrational."

"I'm as rational as they come. I don't need your help. Leave me alone." I stalk away from him and don't look back.