You Put The Drama in 'Drama Queen'

I stomp into school thirty minutes later. I know I'm late. I hate being late. My stomach growls uncontrollably so I stop at a vending machine on the second floor. When I stand up with my cheetos, I see Logan leaning against the vending machine.

"Ew. Go away." I turn on my heels and walk towards my class.

"I wish you'd relax a little. You're too uptight. You would be even more attractive if you weren't such a bitch."

He thinks I'm attractive? Well, he also called me a bitch...

"Well I'm sorry. I'm the bitch of all bitches. According to you." I brush past him.

He sighs and speeds up, "I didn't mean that. But you are kinda mean."

"Whatever."

"And a drama queen."

"Bye."

"You put the DRAMA in Drama Queen."

"I get it," I snap, "now leave me alone. I'm not interested in you. I don't like bad boys. They do nothing but get girls in trouble. Like right now. I'm late for my damn class! I'm never late. Just leave me alone."

My eyes sting with tears and I basically run into the classroom. I don't even care that Mrs. Finley might write me up. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care.

* * *

After class I see Zahra at the water fountain. I don't see Zoey which is strange considering they're always together. I can tell this is Zahra because of the way she dresses. Zoey is more on the girly side, and Zahra is more of the

take-whatever-is-in-my-boyfriend's-closet kinda girl. Her boyfriend's, Dylan's, flannel T-shirt hangs off of her tiny frame.

"Hey you!" She hugs me really tight. "Why do you look like someone just stabbed your puppy?"

I take a sip of water from the fountain and wipe my mouth with the back of my hand, "Bad boy problems."

She squints at me and smiles, "yeah I saw you leave with Logan. Are you guys a thing?"

I feel myself begin to gag, "not at all! He's a jerk. Bad boys aren't for me."

Zahra laughs and pulls at her purple bangs. That's another thing that seperates the twins. Zahra has long brown hair with purple bangs, while Zoey has left her hair brown.

"That's how I felt about Dylan. But underneath all of that bad assery is a giant teddy bear! You just have to give him a chance. Sure he might screw up but it's only because he's trying to make an effort."

I sigh. "I guess you're right."

Zahra slings an arm around me and pulls me close, "oh and another thing: every bad boy wants his good girl to be a little bad, just for him." She winks and let's me go.

Dylan comes and picks her up and slings her over his shoulder, "I guess I'll catch you later!" She giggles.

I smile and watch her beat against his back playfully, and him spin her around.

Maybe she has a point...

"Hey Bella."

I turn and see Kyler Meadows. He's in my biology class. I take in his tall, slender frame. He's the definition of a good boy. The kind your mom would want you to marry. The kind that will most likely end up going to Harvard or Princeton. His blue eyes twinkle and his brown hair slumps into his eyes. Whenever I see guys wear their hair like this I get tempted to fix it.

"Hi."

"I saw that you were kinda in a bad mood when you came into biology... Are you okay?"

My face reddens and I swallow hard, "oh yeah. I'm fine. It was something I ate." My voice does a weird falsetto with the word ate. That happens whenever I lie.

"Oh okay." He smiles and his dimples pop out. My heart leaps a little. He shoves his hands into his pocket and rocks back and forth on his heels, "so there's this movie coming out Friday. A comedy. I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?"

I'm about to answer when I see Logan down the hall. I want to go apologize but I need to give Kyler an answer.

"Um..." I look over again and see Logan leaning over Zoey, Zahra's twin sister. She's giggling and pulling at her hair and he's whispering in her ear. My insides feel like they're dropping one by one. I thought he liked me? But there he is flirting it up with Zoey.

"So? How bout it?" Kyler asks.

I blink back the tears I feel coming and plaster on a fake smile, "yeah that'll be great."

"I'll pick you up at eight?"

"I'll be ready." Kyler leans forward and grabs me into a hug. I'm shocked but I hug him back. He smells like pine. Completely different from Logan's apple spice calogne.

When Kyler releases me I fly out of the school doors and into my car. I can barely get the key into the ignition because my hands are shaking so much. When I finally manage to slide it in I press my head against the steering wheel. What have I done?

"You would be more attractive if you weren't such a bitch."

The tears spill over and I drive home, barely able to see the road behind my watery eyes.