I Want This Moment For Life

My room is like the backstage of a beauty pageant. Natasha and Zahra are throwing things in every direction. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to have them change at my house.

"Zip me up please?" Natasha asks. I zip up the back zipper to her blue dress. I fluff out the train and appraise her.

"Gorgeous. But you need jewelry."

"Right!" She digs into her jewelry box and pulls out a gold necklace and the matching earrings. "Gold or no?"

"Gold," I nod.

I'm not dressed yet. There's too much havoc in this room.

"I'm going in the guest room to change. You guys are literally like tornadoes."

"Hey!" Zahra yells from the bathroom. "That's not me. That's Natasha."

"So I'm guessing this isn't your spikey bra?" I hold it in the air so she can see it.

"Well - well I mean," she stutters. "Whatever! Go change in the guest room."

I laugh and grab my dress, which is still inside its plastic, and head down the hall. I close the door and hop in the shower.

When I get out I blow dry and flat iron my hair. Next I do my makeup. Then I slip on my flesh toned pantyhose and pull out my dress. I smile in satisfaction and hug it to my chest. I had been looking for the perfect dress and I finally have it in my arms.

Once I have it on I twirl my way to the full length mirror on the wall. I feel like a princess. I adore the pastel lavender color; it's the perfect contrast against my jet black hair. I love the flowiness of the dress. How it clenches at my waist before cascading down my body and spilling onto the floor.

A knock on the door startles me out of my trance.

"Are you almost ready Bella?" Zahra asks.

"Yes," I say opening the door. I stop and stare at her beautiful white and gold dress. It isn't like the one we saw before. This one is ballerina styled with a white corsette top and a tutu flared skirt flecked with gold sparkles.

"You look beautiful Z."

"So do you," she smiles. Then smiles wider. "The guys are here."

I grab my silver pumps from my room and walk down the stairs. Natasha jumps into Chris's arms and he spins her around. His straight tie is royal blue like her dress.

"You look amazing," he whispers.

She blushes and kisses his cheek.

Nicholas surprises Zahra with a bouchet of white and gold roses. She swoons and he pulls her to himself and kisses her forehead.

"Wow," Logan breathes.

My face flushes and I walk up to him. He looks so gorgeous in his black tux and silver tie. His dark hair is still messy but he pulls it off.

"You look absolutely stunning," he says in a low voice.

"I can say the same about you."

He takes my hand and opens the door. We're making our way down the pavement when my mom comes running out of the house.

"Wait! Wait!" We turn around and in her hands is a giant camera. I groan internally as she waves us back up. "I know this isn't prom or anything but I still want pictures!"

We stand with our boyfriends (if Nicholas asks Zahra out know that I called it first) and pose for pictures.

"Now just the girls," my mom waves the boys away. We stand next to each other with our arms wrapped around each other's waists.