Chapter 41

ARTHUR

It had been 2 days, none of us were willing to talk to sort things out. Or at least I tried. 

Thea still refused to talk to me. She locked herself in her old room when we were in the house, avoiding me. I had tried to talk to her whenever I got the chance, to sort things out, but every time I did I always ended up saying things that drove her even further.

It was frustrating.

She wanted me to communicate with her, to talk things with her, but it was hard when I was not used to share everything with other people. I was used to be independent, I was used to control everything on my own. But I was willing to try, I was willing to try everything to get my wife back.

It was even harder when your wife sneaked out behind you, like she didn't want to face me or talk to me. I heard her footsteps when she quickly went downstairs to the kitchen to grab something. I heard her leaving to work earlier in the morning when she thought I was still sleeping.

She was not ready to talk to me again. I didn't blame her, I would too if I were her.

I had hurt her with the way I spoke to her the first night we fought. I basically told her that my son had nothing to do with her. I saw the hurt in her eyes when I said that, saw her demeanor changed instantly. I didn't mean that, I was angry and tended to say hurtful things.

And I felt the consequences of my action. It had driven my wife away, driven her to the point she refused to talk to me. She even avoided my kiss. That just told how fucked up I was.

I let out a sigh as my head began pounding. I was physically and mentally tired but couldn't get any sleep, not when my wife was room away from me. It felt wrong, she was supposed to be here, sleeping beside me. We were supposed to be okay, we were supposed to be making good progress not stepping backwards.

I looked at the clock to see it was only 5 in the morning, knowing I couldn't get any sleep and work was in 2 hours, I got up and got ready to work instead. I was surely going to be cranky in the office today for not getting any sleep.

I came downstairs to the kitchen when I was done. Jane had just served breakfast when I came down.

"Has Thea eaten yet?"

"Not yet, Sir."

Good. I could try to talk to her again. She usually would have left by the time I came downstairs, good thing that she hadn't left yet.

I just had my coffee when I saw her walked past the kitchen to the front door. She was wearing a new dress I hadn't seen before. It was a floral dress, she looked beautiful wearing it.

But wait, she wasn't going to eat first?

"Darling?" I called. She stopped but didn't turn around. "Aren't you going to eat first?"

"I'm not hungry." was all she said before she left the house.

I let out a sigh as I watched my wife left. I felt so helpless. I hated that things drove her away from me. I hated her silent treatment, it was killing me. I wanted to go back to our old life when we were happy and loved each others.

*

I was not cranky in the office. No, not really. I was fuming. I was in the worst mood today.

I was not one to snap at my employees for some silly mistakes, but today I did. Everyone had gone quiet today, none of them dared to look at me. Even Mark.

I could careless for now. I would apologize to all of them tomorrow when I felt better.

Jane opened the front door as I arrived home. I handed her my suit and went straight to my room. I stopped when I reached upstairs and glanced at Thea's room. I wanted to talk to her. I needed to talk to her. It was either now or never.