Chapter 50

THEA

I watched as Arthur swung Josh in the swing while I read a book on a picnic mat. Arthur had taken me and Josh to the park to spend the weekend together. I couldn't move much as I often got tired from walking or just standing, though I wish I could play with Josh too.

Ever since I got pregnant, I mostly spent the day by reading books to kill the time. I have always loved to read so it was nice to have that freedom to read books whenever I liked. Also, that meant buying more books. Even Arthur was surprised that I literally just bought 6 books for the last 10 days.

"Can you really finish all those books?" was all he asked when another package of my new book came yesterday.

He just didn't know how much I loved to read. I could finish 1 book in just a few hours.

I put my book down as my eyes began tired from reading, when I noticed Arthur's phone light up from a text. It was from Jessy. I didn't want to peek on his phone, but I was curious.

Jessy: Hey, I'm back from the hospital. You can take Josh back in an hour, he needs his medicine.

And the next message caught me off guard.

Jessy: Have you told Thea? Is she alright? I want to apologize to her too.

What was she talking about? What should he tell me about? Why did she want to apologize to me too?

There were so many questions on my mind, so many theories. But I dear hoped it was not what I thought it was.

I pretended to read my book again when Arthur came to my spot with Josh. I tried not to overthink about the text. Surely Arthur would tell me about it, he won't be keeping a secret from me, would he?

"Hey, Josh got sleepy. I think we should get home."

I only nodded in response then he helped me to get up, taking the picnic mat with his other hand as we went back to his car. Josh had fallen asleep once he sat in the car.

Arthur checked on his phone and read the text from Jessy. From the corner of my eyes, I could see he took a glance at me, probably wondering if I had seen the text, I pretended to look out the window.

I was curious. I wish he would tell me what the text was about. I didn't like to have negative thoughts, nor to overthink about certain things. But I couldn't help but felt like something happened between the two of them, something that Arthur hadn't told me about.

It was not the first time that I saw her text hinting about something. I felt like it had something to do with her apology text that I read a few days ago.

Arthur stopped the car as we arrived in Jessy's house. He took his phone with him and went to get sleeping Josh in the back seat.

"I'm taking him inside, I won't be long." He said as he carried Josh in his arm carefully.

I nodded in response then watched him going inside the house with Josh in his arms. Suddenly I felt the need to go into the house and see if I could find an answer. I wanted to know what happened. I needed to know what happened.

I bet they would talk about it inside.

"No, Thea, you don't have to do this. Arthur will tell you what happened." I said to myself.

But looking back at the house, I felt the urge to go in immediately. I hated having this thought on my mind when I knew something was wrong. My heart told me too.

"Fuck it."

Then I did it. I got into the house. Hopefully I wouldn't regret this decision. I walked into the house and stopped on my track when I heard Arthur's voice.