CONVERSATION

Their friendship continued even after they finished promoting their movie. They continued to meet up, spend quality time like how close friends do. He would randomly show up to her apartment to drop off food or would spontaneously invite her to play golf. She grew to like the sport and made it a goal to beat her companion. She prepares snacks whenever they have plans to play golf together. After playing, they often explore small restaurants to end the day together.

They have naturally grown closer and would constantly update each other through chat and calls. One afternoon, Hyun bin decided to surprise her with spicy and cheesy tteokbokki which he knows is Yejin's favorite. When he arrived at her apartment, he saw her all dressed up. Yejin was surprised to see him, although he has been constantly dropping by to visit her whenever they have no schedules. Today, however, she had plans which she forgot to tell him about.

"You're all dressed up. Are you attending a party? I just wanted to share the tteokbokki I made," he told her as he placed the food in the kitchen counter.

"I forgot to tell you. Jung-hyun unnie set me up on a blind date tonight but this tteokbokki is tempting me to stay," she eyed the delicious food. Turning to get two pairs of chopsticks in her kitchen drawer, Hyunbin's gaze followed her movements, checking how she dressed up prettily for a blind date. When Yejin finished setting up, she peered to Hyunbin, raising her eyebrows as if asking him why he's staring. "Weh? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Who are you meeting with? Why are you even going on a blind date?" He asked, aware that he sounded a little too disappointed than he should be.

She sighed and dropped her chopstick to return his gaze. "My unnies would set me up on dates sometimes. It's a blind date so, obviously I don't know who I'm meeting with. Although I guess it might be a friend of Jung-hyun unnie's husband. Maybe a doctor? I don't know."

Hyunbin looked away and proceeded to eat the tteokbokki. She continued eating when she realized that he won't be asking anymore questions. They finished the food silently.

She stood up to prepare lemon juice when Hyunbin spoke up again. "I'll drive you there. You don't know this person yet. Let me check first if it's safe."

She turned around confused at what he's saying. "Ya! Unnie won't set me up if it isn't safe. Besides, this is not my first time to go on a blind date. I'll be fine, Bin."

"No. Just please let me drive you there," he demanded. He sounded firm and Yejin knew it will be pointless to argue with him knowing that he will keep on insisting.

. . .

Her date was ordering wine when she noticed her phone light up signaling a text message. She peeked through the notification and was surprised to see Bin's message.

"Hey are you done?"

"Done with dinner. We're just having wine now," she replied.

"Wine? 😳" He was tempted to call and tell her not to have drinks with a stranger but he didn't want to scare her from being overboard protective.

She chuckled at his reply.

When did this ahjussi learned to use emoji? She thought to herself.

"I'll just have a glass then I'll end the night," she said.

"Okay. I'll pick you up," he replied.

"What? No. Binssi, you don't have to. I can go home by myself, okay?" She quickly refused.

"I drove you there so it's just proper to drive you back home. No buts and ifs, okay?" he insisted.

"No, Bin. Don't trouble yourself please. I should stop using my phone now. It's a bit rude for the guy. Don't pick me up. Go to sleep, ahjussi!" She returned her phone to her clutch bag.