COMPATIBILITY

December

The last few episodes of filming a drama is always hectic. Schedules are tight with nonstop filming, recording, and meetings whenever scenes needed review for a reshoot. Hyun Bin made sure he was mentally focused and physically healthy to push through.

His schedule has been crazy for a month since his return to Seoul. He was able to squeeze few meals with Yejin but he still felt lacking. Yejin has been supportive of him since she knew very well the demands of their profession. Although Bin was grateful for her understanding, he still wanted to make up to her and take her out on a date.

When he informed Yejin about his dinner plans since he will finish work early the next day, she insisted to have their date in her house instead. She wanted to cook for him and chill just like when they started dating. Bin was hesitant because he wanted it to be her day but later agreed since Yejin was determined to prepare the dinner herself. She only notified him to wear something formal because dinner will be fancy.

The next day, he was elated when his shoot finished early. He went back to his house to shower and prepare for their date. He pre-ordered a bouquet for her just like before. On his way to pick up the flowers, his mentor CEO, Kang Kun Taek called. He frowned seeing the caller ID because his friend does not call without prior notice especially after hours. Unannounced calls like this could only mean there is an urgent concern.

Sitting in front of her vanity table, she applied lipstick to complete her look, smoothing the absent crease on her satin dress in emerald green with thin shoulder strap which accentuated her curves flawlessly. She hurriedly look for her phone when it rang, taking a minute before finding it under the sheets.

"Hey! Are you on your way?" She asked with excitement.

"I was.. Yej, I might be late. I'm really sorry. There's a concern in Vast. Kun Taek called and we can't delay the meeting," he sounded guilty trying to explain the situation.

After a pregnant pause, Yejin answered in a soft and comforting tone, "It's okay, Bin. I hope you sort things out. I'll be waiting for you at home."

He sighed. He knew Yejin genuinely understood the situation but it was such a disappointment to promise her something he couldn't fulfill on time.

"I'll be there as quickly as I can. I am so sorry."

"Don't worry, Bin. Drive safely, okay? I'll see you later."

It was eight in the evening when the meeting ended. Since he was the CEO, his presence was important in meetings which concern their artists. Much as he wanted to be in control, life throw unforeseen circumstances that cannot be prevented.

He rushed to her house right after the meeting adjourned. Luck was not on his side as he got stuck in traffic, extending a usual fifteen minute drive to thirty.

After the call ended, Yejin sat at the kitchen table. The food she prepared were arranged in detail, every nook of the table looked elegant. Candles were placed on both ends of the table and a bigger one in the middle. A scented candle was placed separately at the counter for added romantic fragrance. She used her luxurious plates to make it extra special. There was soft classical music playing in the background as well.

She scanned the spread once more and was satisfied at her effort. She released a sigh before she started covering the food and placed some in the fridge. Tasting the food while cooking made her feel full that she had no appetite for dinner.

Bin literally ran right after he parked the car. Unlocking the door, he carefully entered her house. He looked for her, unaccustomed at an empty hallway. She always welcome him by the door when he arrives. Hearing the sound of the tv, he went to the living room and saw her curled in her sofa. She was asleep.