CONFESSION

The moon was slowly setting, allowing the sun to rise in a few hours. It was already late yet too early for the day to begin. Hyunbin and Yejin stayed in their spot, wanting to stretch the night longer to enjoy the newfound closeness with each other. Having been best friends, they're used to hugging each other casually, but the proximity in their current position spreads a different warmth and comfort amidst the cold wind at 2 in the morning.

None of them wanted to break the moment. It was only when a shooting star appeared that Yejin lifted her head away from his shoulder as she excitedly watched two more stars grace their already magical night. She held her hands in her chest and closed her eyes to make a wish. Hyunbin followed her and they quietly whispered their wishes in their hearts.

Yejin peeked on Hyunbin when she finished her wish, she smiled in awe when she saw the huge man wishing like a little boy. When Bin finished his wish, his eyes landed on two sparkling dewy-eyes staring at him.

"Hey," he said softly with open arms, inviting her to settle back in his arms. Yejin smiled and took his enticing invitation. "I haven't seen a shooting star in a long time. The view from my house is obstructed with buildings and electric wires. It feels surreal to see one again," she sighed contentedly.

He held her closer, caressing her arms in a consoling up and down motion. "We can come back here anytime you want," he assured her.

They stayed there a bit more, taking pictures through their eyes to keep the magical night into memory

They stayed there a bit more, taking pictures through their eyes to keep the magical night into memory. They gathered their stuff back to the car half-heartedly for they wished to stay in the moment longer, but they knew that the day-break is soon coming and they needed to go home. They find solace in the realization that the days to come will be even better as long as they're together.

The drive back home was quiet, only the soft classical song from the stereo was heard. Yejin was looking out the window when Hyunbin checked on her. Her hand was resting on top of her bag. He smoothly held her hand, surprising Yejin at the sudden warmth. She looked at their entwined hands and up  to look at his face. They both smiled at each other, conveying a message they both understand.