CONFIRMATION

Three weeks since his confession, life has been blissful for Hyunbin and Yejin. The dynamics in their relationship has been impeccable. Their friendship thrived as they opened up more to each other; learning and growing together.

Nothing much really changed aside from the sweeter car rides where they held hands, the long hugs and forehead kisses before one leaves after spending time together, and the efforts they both consistently made to show care towards each other. They still teased and bickered a lot with the intent of making the other laugh. They tended their blossoming relationship with care.

When Hyunbin is restless from filming, she would surprise him with home-cooked meals in the set. She often contact his manager to meet her near the site and would hand him the meals she prepared for Bin and his team. She didn't get out of the car and would literally just drop by to deliver the food to avoid unnecessary attention from the staff and cast.

Upon learning from his manager about her short visit, Bin would immediately call her and whine about not letting him see her. Though he understood that as an actor, Yejin knows how they can be engrossed by the character they're in, and she didn't want his attention to be diverted elsewhere.

After filming the drama vigorously for an entire week, Hyunbin finally got a two-day off before he flies out to Spain. They plan to spend those days together. She even made a reservation on their usual golf course knowing how much he'll miss playing the sport.

The following day, Hyunbin woke up early to prepare for their golf game in Busan. He called her before leaving the house, giving her a heads-up that he's on his way to pick her up. The call went to her voicemail twice before she finally answered.

"Yeoboseyo?" She answered weakly, with a clear indication the she's still in bed.

"Good morning. I'm on my way to your house. Are you okay?"

"Omo.. Mianhae, Bin. I went back to sleep on the first alarm because I didn't feel well. I forgot to set the clock again," she said as she struggled to rise from bed. She tried to get up, but felt a sharp cramp and a dull pelvic pain. She covered her mouth to conceal her whimper.

Hyunbin heard the rustle noise in the background, knowing that she's getting up from bed. He heard her uncomfortable breathing and started to worry about her being sick.

"Are you sick, Yej? What happened? Are you in pain?" He inquisitively asked questions, with a hint of panic in his voice.

"I'm okay, Bin. It's just period cramps. I don't get it always but it just so happened I'm having it worse today. Give me 10 minutes to prepare," she tried to assure him.

"No. Go back to bed, Yej. You should rest." He was relieved that she wasn't sick but he still feels bad that she's in pain.

"But we planned to play golf today. You won't be able to play in a while."

"It's okay. We can play some other time. What's important is you get enough rest, okay?"

He grew up in a household where the only woman was his mother. He and his older brother are quite ignorant on the topics concerning a woman's period. He heard about it but not enough to understand the struggles. He searched the internet on ways to provide relief for menstrual cramps. He studied carefully the remedies listed on the internet and drove off to buy what he thought would be helpful.

He didn't want to wake her up in case she's sleeping, but he needed to see her. Fortunately, she answered immediately when he called.

He smiled apologetically when she opened the door, while Yejin was looking regretful at him, feeling sorry for the sudden change of plans. He put down the shopping bags he carried and walked towards her, hugging her tightly. Yejin locked her arms around his waist as she hugged him back. "I'm sorry," she whispered on his chest.