COMMITMENT

The morning after Yejin made their relationship official, she woke up early to pack breakfast for Hyunbin. She prepared korean meal, thinking that he'll miss the food while filming overseas. Beef kimbap, grilled short ribs, bean sprout rice, seasoned kelp, and radish strip kimchi; all of his favorite breakfast food were lovingly packed in a bento box.

He went home late last night, even asking if he could stay another night. As much as she wanted the idea, she knew he needed to pack the rest of his things for his flight the next day.

She drove off to his apartment, surprising him while he was busy finalizing his things. He welcomed her with open arms, holding her tight and imprinting the feeling into his heart. He only let go to get the flowers he ordered.

"Good morning," he said as he handed her the bouquet.

There was not a single day he did not give her flowers yet it still made her heart flutter.

"Good morning," she blushed as she handed the lunch box. "You can stop sending me flowers, you know?"

Shaking his head, he brought her back to his arms, "I'll plant you a garden when I get back. I'll only stop when the flowers start growing."

Psh. She laughed at his words. The man always knew what to say.

Checking the time, Yejin realized he needed to leave in a few. She rummaged her bag to get the final gift she prepared.

Ten envelopes of different colors with numbers written chronologically at the bottom.
"Read the first one when you're in the plane. You can open one for each day, but you have to follow the order," smiling bashfully as she handed it to him.

Hyunbin grinned in surprise as he checked the envelopes. "Thank you, love." He pulled her back, enveloping her in a long hug. They kissed and said sweet nothings as they treasured their remaining moment before he leaves for his flight.

Hyunbin walked her back to the car before joining his manager. When he was about to close her front door, Yejin cheered in high spirits, "Fighting, kim tae pyung! Work hard and enjoy your trip! I'll see you soon!" She threw both hands in the air as she smiled brightly at him. This is not a time to be sad. They were happy and in love. A month of being away is nothing compared to the forever they will have.

"Fighting!" He replied with equal energy, leaning to kiss her one more before joining his manager in the company car.

✈️
Bin and his team were resting at the departure lounge after their smooth check-in procedure. While his team were enjoying the fancy buffet and the perks included at the business class lounge, Bin was glued to his seat, enjoying the meal Yejin prepared for him. Reminiscing the past two days they spent together, he failed to hide his smile.

His manager caught him, "Aigoo. You look very much in love. Congratulations, Tae Pyung."

There was no point in concealing his blush to his manager who was also his long time friend. "Thank you," he replied, acknowledging the sincerity of his friend.

As he settled in his seat after boarding the plane, Hyunbin carefully opened the first envelop.

An overwhelming feeling of gratitude and love filled his heart. He caressed the letter with tenderness, reading it again until he memorized it.

Yejin is an honest person who does not hold back in saying her thoughts out loud. She is sensible, kind, loving, and warm-hearted. Still, there are moments when words are not enough to express what one truly feels. Writing is his way of expressing himself better, being able to pour out his thoughts and emotions. Receiving this heartfelt letter from his lover meant so much to him.

The thirteen-hour flight went smooth with Bin sleeping halfway through. Upon arriving at the airport, he quickly sent a message to Yejin.

After checking out their luggage, Hyunbin tried to call her. It would be 10 in the evening in Seoul. He knew she'd still be awake.

He distanced himself away from his team while waiting for the hotel car to pick them up. He shifted to video call when Yejin answered.

Swooning at the sight of Yejin in her pajamas, Hyunbin smiled bashfully.

"I've read your letter. I even memorize it now," he paused to look at her in the eyes.

Sparkling eyes were staring at her. Despite seeing each other only through the phone screen, the love from his eyes was conveyed strongly that Yejin failed to form words and instead, she basked in his loving gaze.

The call was cut short when the hotel service arrived. He whispered I love you's, assuring her to call-back when he's settled in the hotel.

They consistently updated each other, from the simple good morning messages to the endearing good night calls.

They don't just find time for each other for finding time may lead to not having time at all, they make time to stay connected.

When he is busy, he makes time to inform her that he'll be working overtime. When he's exhausted from shooting, he makes time to tell her his need of sleep.

Yejin supported him all throughout. She had her own schedules too, and she makes time to inform him whenever she'll be out of reach. She encouraged him to take a break and enjoy a tour with the crew as well.

On their video calls, when Hyunbin asks to take a nap, they would request to keep the call on. Yejin does her chores at home while Bin sleeps, casually checking on him over the monitor, she would find herself smiling at the comfort they bring to each other. Bin often wakes up with a view of her lover reading quietly in the corner of her sofa.

"Hi," he calls out smiling at the sight of her the moment his eyes opened.
"Hey. How was your sleep?" She drops her book aside to focus on him.

Simple gestures like these were enough to fill the longing they felt. They inspire each other every day.

At the ripe age of thirty-six, Hyunbin and Yejin no longer crave for the extravagance. The butterflies would soon settle, but stability and serenity in the relationship was what they aim for. Both have matured in life and in love. Maturity in love. It's about pushing each other to pursue their passions, interests and become the best person possible. Two individual people working together to make two better people.

As actors, they were able to empathize from playing roles of characters from different walks of life, which helped shape their own characters and solidify their principles. As actors, they got to experience various kinds of love. However, as actors, work has always been the priority. Finding a partner who would accept the realities of their profession was an uphill struggle.

In the midst of pursuing greater heights in their career, the universe decided to bless them a love that was inevitable. They weren't looking for love, but fate and destiny brought them together. Love is always bestowed as a gift -- freely, willingly and without expectation.

It was not easy to unwrap the gift for there were endless factors to consider. Irregular work schedule, prying eyes wherever they go, heavy responsibilities as public figures, high expectations from people who look up to them. These reasons and the pressure it brings are the common recipe for misunderstandings amongst couples. But these things only become a problem if they focus on it.

My cup is full
And so I want to fill you more.

Their love was never demanding. They demonstrate love. Both were givers. And givers always succeed because their giving leads to quality relationships. They were very much in tune on how to cultivate their relationship with care. They always meet halfway. And in times when one needed assist, the other would cross to pick their partner up.

They were never demanding, they were just equally committed to each other.

Note: I am really grateful to the readers who continually support this story. Happy weekend!  💗