CHPT 17|| Shopping Carts

"Sooo... That's all you need, right?" Y/N questioned the president. "I believe so, Ill just text you the rest if I forgot anything."

And like that, Y/N was off to the nearby stores. "Y/N where are you headed?" Kenji asked as he peeked out from his computer. "AHah! Not to brag or anything but I've been asked on this top secret ultra-"

"She's lyingggg" Ranpo yelled from his desk. "Wow- After all I've done for you." Y/N scoffed. Ranpo stuck out his tongue in retortion.

"Soo- What are you doing?" Kenji re-asked. "Going to the store for president. Can't believe I was finally ordered to do something"

Kenji opened his mouth to speak- but just decided to nod his head. "Alright I'm going, do any of you guys need anything?"

A wave of No thank you's were shared around the room. 

You waved a goodbye to Lucy and the Café Owner making your way to the parking lot down the street, as you finally made it you turned on the engine and buckled your seatbelt. 

"Yo"

"Huh-"

You turned to see the Candy loving detective snuggling on the passenger seat. You deadpanned- "How did you manage to-"

"Its maagiccc"

"Bro?? You were just at the office how did you get here before me??"

"Did you just bro-zone me? And to answer your question I used my hybrid powers."

"Uhuh?? Anyways why are you here?"

"To protect you, duh." He said as he munched on some marshmallows. You played along, "Oh? And how will you do it? Fry their brains?" 

"Absolutely not! I'm sure Kunikida's emo phase pictures will do the trick." He grinned pulling out a old photo of Kunikida from his pocket. 

There behold, The emo Kunikida. He had his arms crossed as he looked into the distance. With a Black Nike hoodie.

You hastily grab onto the photo, "NO WAY AHAHAAH-" 

In all honesty, Ranpo enjoyed hearing you laugh. It brings a warm sensation to his chest and makes him want to do it over and over again, no matter how it sounds. He purely enjoys seeing you enjoying yourself.

"Alright, Lets head to the store. We need some supplies for President." You smiled, wiping a few tears as you gripped the wheel.

x-x-x

"Hey Y/N. Push meeeeeee, please?" Ranpo asked as you turned to see him fit into a cart relaxed. "Ranpo aren't you a little too old for that?"

"Age doesn't define me, angel!" He said pridefully.

Angel, Huh..

Alright. Just for today. Y/N sighed as she began to push the man around, earning a few awkward stares from other customers.

"Aren't you scared to be seen like this? Being pushed around in a shopping cart?" Y/N asked as she peered around the isle. "As long as I'm with you I couldn't care less."

"How cringe."

"AHaha- Am I charming you yet?"

x-x-x

"RUN RUN RUN RUN-" Ranpo yelled from the cart as they got chased by a few (many) customers. "WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DUMP FLOUR ON THEM??" You yelled out trying to gain faster speed. "IT WAS A ACCIDENT" Ranpo yelled back.

You sped away on the shopping cart, trying to loose the civilians. Soon you both made an escape and found yourselves laying down, panting heavily. "How did you.. Even.. Get tired..?" You panted. 

"I was holding on.. For dear life, Y/N." Ranpo sighed. Suddenly you both looked at eachother, and soon bursted into fits of giggles. "How fun." Ranpo grinned at you. It was one of those contagious smiles. An Unforgettable one too.

"Hey, Y/N. How'd you feel if we went on a 3/14?" Ranpo suddenly asked. 

"Sorry, what??"

"A 3/14."

"Ranpo- Can you speak letters instead of numbers."

"D-A-T-E."

"A Date? Yeah kay."

"...."

"WAIT WHAT"