Forgiven but not forgotten [Adler x M Reader]

A little different from the story line, but I'll try my best too

Requested
_____
I stood beside Adler, looking at the map laid out before us, I hummed. "What's on your mind Bell?" Adler asked while still looking around, "just thinking" "uh huh, but it's clearly taking a toll on you. You can either tell me and get the stress lifted off your shoulders or get some coffee" he said as he never took his eyes off the map. I took a breath in, "Why do you.. never mind. I'll be around" I walked off, sometimes Adler could still be that cold hearted undercover bastard. I silently talked to myself on the way to the small office.

I sat in the chair by the desk, then putting my head down. Sure I've heard the words "don't let love get in the way of work", but with Adler. Everything was different. I trusted him, and I'm certainly hope he trusted me. Within the time we had together, I wished we had at least gotten close. We have done 'couple' things before, heck we even slept together, yet he still was distant. He never called my name like I thought he would, he never acted like we were together even though everyone pretty much knew. I thought I found purpose outside of being a soldier. I thought I actually fell in love. I guess he really doesn't exist, he never did, and if he didn't. Than I'm in love with a lie. Our love was a lie.

Now that Adler knows where the bomb is, and I'm still under the foot of Perseus, I had to do the right thing for my country. If he never wanted the relationship in the first place, he should have never said yes. If it's all fake, then it was a lie. Now I'm doing something I wouldn't and don't want too. If that means saving my family, and my friends. Then, so be it. "You seem like you have a lot on your mind Bell" "no, just.. tired" great, now Park sounded like Adler "Adler won't like that" right, he won't I sarcastically replied in my head. "Yeah...yeah. I came here to get some coffee, guess I almost fell asleep" "you look like you need it... here" she turned for a few seconds, and then brought back a coffee. "Thank you" I cheered her and took a sip, letting the hot liquid warm my insides from the cold warehouse.

"Now, I must be getting back. Lots of work to do Bell" she smiled and walked out. This was putting a lot of stress on my shoulders, and it was starting to worry me. It was either Adler or my family. I couldn't decide. But then Perseus will have my head, and I'll never see either of my family, or Adler anymore. "Bell!" I perked up, my head looking through the glass, towards Adler. I quickly got up, walking out the door. Standing beside him, not to close to where he'd be uncomfortable. He always liked his space, something I learned over the past couple of months while we worked together. Everyone huddled together in a circle around the map, "Where are the bombs?" Everyone suddenly looked at me, a serious expression on their faces, almost looking mad.

I cleared my throat "Well, I... uh" "come on Bell. We need you to focus" that awful feeling of being cold yet hot at the same time hit me. Then I felt sick all of a sudden, I wanted a jacket. "You see-" "come on man, tell us" "I agree with Sims on this one Bell" "it'd be a lot easier" "cough it up" "Bell?" Everyone asked and told at the same time. Agreeing with one another as they each finished their sentences.

"Bell, if we don't get that information-" "Duga" I almost slapped my hand over my mouth. No. No no no. That was the wrong information. I haven't even made up my mind yet. Everyone went quiet from the quick outburst of words, then looked at me. I just wanted to go into a corner, crawl into a small ball and disappear forever. "alright" Adler spoke, turning away from and his back facing me as the group huddled into a small circle, Leaving me out, "gear up, we're heading out" then everyone walked off their own ways. A zap of shock went through me as Adler turned to me, his hand resting on my shoulder, giving a little squeeze. "Nice job, now come on. Let's get ready" oh how badly I wanted to melt under his touch and stay there. But again, he wasn't like that. Pulled away, ruffling my hair. Nodding even though I didn't face him. "Yeah, yeah" I sighed out, walking towards my duffel bag and changing.