Chapter Two

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" you inquired incredulously, as Asami tied the ribbon on the back of your dress to secure you into the garment. "What if he thinks I'm trying too hard? Or that I look silly?"

Tonight was your second date with Desna, and Asami had readily agreed to help you when you requested her assistance in looking nice for the occasion. Although he didn't strike you as the type to place a great deal of importance on appearance, you still found yourself wanting to impress him.

"He's not going to think you're trying too hard, and I promise you don't look silly. I wouldn't let you leave here if you looked anything less than gorgeous, which you do," Asami retorted, finishing the ribbon with a bow at the top. "Go have a look at yourself."

You walked toward the large mirror in the back of the room, and found that you didn't recognize the person in front of you. The gown you wore was floor-length, which concealed your brown leather boots, and was made from a warm, ocean blue fabric, with a navy blue belt around your waist – to accentuate your figure, according to Asami. The dress hung off your shoulders, and the pale white fur that lined the collar was soft against your décolletage. The long, fur-lined bell sleeves made you feel unusually elegant – a feeling that was extremely foreign, but enjoyable. Your hair had been left down for a change, and neatly curled by Asami. In short, you looked incredible, and you hoped that Desna would like it.

You were still soaking in your appearance when there was a soft knock at the entrance to your hut. When you pulled back the curtain to greet your date, your jaw dropped as you realized you weren't the only one who had gotten dressed up.

Densa had exchanged the simplistic, floor-length coat he'd worn the night before for a more modern one: the same medium blue color, and still fur-lined, but shorter, coming to a triangular point at his knees. His pants were a darker, navy blue, tucked into his snow boots. The most breathtaking aspect of his look was that he had tied half of his hair back, similar to Chief Tonraq's hairstyle, and you then recalled an offhand comment you made about wishing to see him without all that hair in his face. The reason being that you wished to see his attractive face better – and that hairdo certainly did the trick.

For several moments, you were too busy ogling Desna to realize he was staring right back at you.

"You are... magnificent," he finally managed to state, as he finally drug his gaze upwards to meet your eyes. You noticed that his eyebrows remained raised and his mouth hung slightly agape, and you couldn't hide your grin at the fact that he was showing more emotion than you'd ever seen in him so far, all because of how you looked.

"Thank you. You look pretty incredible yourself," you observed, before tucking a stray piece of hair behind his ear before letting your hand linger on his cheek. "I like the new hairstyle. I can see your face much better now. You're extremely handsome."

Seemingly a bit flustered, Desna wordlessly grasped your and placed a kiss onto your palm, before placing your hand in the crook of his elbow. The two of you began walking toward the city below, as you shot Asami a grin and a thumbs up over your shoulder, which she excitedly returned.

He took you to a very nice restaurant at the heart of the tribe, although he still remarked that it's nowhere as nice as the places he'd like to take you to in the North. The waiter escorted you two in a quiet area at the very back of the restaurant, and the candles in the center of the table gave the atmosphere a markedly romantic feel.

"I suspect you had something to do with this secluded seating?" you inquired playfully, as Desna pushed your chair in for you.

"Perhaps," was all he said, as he took a seat across the small table from you.