Chapter Six

Despite how cheesy it sounded, the days seemed to grow increasingly dull the longer you were without Desna. While you were in the South Pole, you woke up each morning eager to start the day, and ended each night with happiness in your heart. Now, it felt like you were just going through the motions of each day with no enjoyment or excitement, especially considering the fact that you had no idea when all this craziness would be over so you could see Desna again. You'd been distracting yourself by spending time with Bolin, watching him film the movers he was starring in, or helping Asami with Future Industries, but those things only pacified the ache in your heart.

On this particular morning, you had awoken from a dream about Desna – which wasn't terribly shocking, considering how much you were missing him, but this felt different. It had begun as a dream, the two of you walking hand-in-hand through an otherworldly, rocky, deserted landscape, the sky glowing with foreboding shades of blue and green. Then, he turned to you with fear in his eyes, and he was dragged away from you by an invisible force, calling out for you as he disappeared from sight. You woke up as you lurched bolt upright in bed, drenched in a cold sweat, and breathing heavily.

You knew then what you had to do.