Ch 1: Legend of Project R

???'s POV:

I only heard of this tale by the original police pup aka Bullet Shepard. So now it's fair I tell it to you all...

There once was a lab deep into the forest but no one knows where it's located but those who knew it were either the experiments who escaped and the scientists who lived.
Before the paw patrol members we know today were ever born, the mayor we know today was only 9 or 10 at the time but even she knows nothing on this tale, only what happens after that. Anyways, it was long ago and lab didn't just do normal scientific experiments with chemicals and such. They experiment on dogs, pups, and one being that you may think is a human but he's an Ultima. His original name was Project R and he was classified as the most dangerous and destructive experiment ever but in reality he's a lot like Ryder. Nice, Kind, thoughtful, generous, and all of that wholesomeness. The experiments that were tested on him and he hated it so much. He didn't want anything bad to hurt the other experiments but when he came across an experiment called Project K-9 #1 and he was a German Shepard like Chase. Project R noticed that it wasn't just K-9 #1 was in pain but all of the other experiments were in pain as well. R couldn't handle it at all. 2 days later after that interaction between K-9 #1 and R, R let out all of his anger and the experimental tube that he was in which was glass shattered and his eyes changed. Some scientists looked away while others who saw his eyes didn't survive... He then ran to the breaker box and he scratched it to the point that it's hard to fix but it also caused two experiments to be shot all over the world that affected all pets but mostly Canines which was a talking experiment and an aging experiment which means those two combined gave most of the animal population minds like humans. Since the breaker box got destroyed, all experiments cage doors opened up and all of the experiments escaped out once and for all. Including all of the K-9 numbers plus Project R who escaped into the forest in his wolf form never to be seen again...

"I-is that all true Rocky?"

No one's POV:

"Yes, it's all true Rubble." Rocky told Rubble. Everyone was sitting around the campfire at their campsite and they all payed attention to Rocky's tale of Project R. Ryder however fell asleep when they were all telling stories which means Jake had to deal with Ryder who's like a little brother to him sleeping against him. "What else have you heard about Project R?" Chase asked Rocky "Well, I heard that he knew Mayor Goodway but when I asked her about it she brushed it off like she doesn't know then as if Project R was wiped away from her memory." Rocky explained. Soon all of the Pups (Main 6 + Everest since the others paw patrol members aren't there) started to ask questions about Project R but Rocky couldn't answer them. Jake noticed so he then got the pups's attention and he told them as he moved off the log bench making Ryder lay down on it while he's asleep  "Ok pups, I think it's time to go to bed. We all had a long and especially Ryder who's legit passed out." "Ok Jake!" The pups exclaimed as they went to their shared tents. When the pups closed up their tents, Jake was trying to wake up Ryder but it wouldn't work so he then picked up Ryder bridal style and he took him to their tent and he put him on his sleeping bag.

(A/N: We all want a sibling like Jake. Don't lie.)

When Jake was done he layed down on his sleeping bag after he closed up the tent slightly and before he knew it, Jake fell asleep. 

-Meanwhile-

In a lab deep into the forest which was all fixed up into a brand new one. A scientist was doing some research about Adventure Bay and soon she found something about their rescue group. She read an article about them and as soon as she saw a picture of them, she spotted out her cup of coffee and then she exclaimed "Boss! Over here!"
The head scientist went over to the scientist and he asked "What is it Dr. Wilson?" "Read this article and look at the picture." Dr. Wilson told Head scientist and he did so. As soon as he saw the picture he exclaimed "THAT'S PROJECT R WITH OUR OTHER PROJECT K-9s BUT THEY LOOK LIKE THAT THEY'RE FUSED TOGETHER!!!!!" "Exactly! We need to get our experiments back because we need to study along with run experiments on them!" Dr. Wilson admitted so Head Scientist gathered all of the scientists plus a few guards. He then ordered/told them "Locate and Find the Paw Patrol. Those 6 pups are ours and so is Project R! They need to be here so that no one gets hurt!" "Right Dr. Haxley!" They all exclaimed and they all went to work. Dr. Haxley went off to a cell that's actually solitary confinement and he stood at the entrance of it alone. "Soon Project R, you'll be back here before you know it. Us scientists gave ourselves age potions so we can't die of old age and we stay the same age... Oh how I can't wait for you to tell us how you got that experiment in your little hands and fed it to yourself and the fused pups... Don't worry tho, you'll be back here safe and sound but you will be punished plus I won't hold back." Dr. Haxley told himself and then he started to laugh like a maniac.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hoped you enjoy that and who do you guys think who Project R and K-9 #1 might be? They may be revealed later in the story or not but we don't know that!