Ch 10: The Babysitter

Brittney and Mayor Goodway were currently getting the pups ready for their checkup to see how long they are until they're recovered. Ryder however had to stay home since his checkup was not until the day after tomorrow. Mayor Goodway and Brittney had to be with the pups since there's 6 of them so they needed 2 adults to go with them but the adults they trusted were all busy, Mayor Goodway got a babysitter from another town to watch over Ryder while they were away for a few hours. When the baby sitter showed up, she reminded Ryder of Vicky from Fairly Odd Parents. Turns out the babysitter's name is Becky even tho she looks like Vicky. Anyways, as Becky and Mayor Goodway were talking while Brittney took the pups to the car, Ryder watched from above the stairs. When the two finished their conversation, Mayor Goodway grabbed her purse with Chickaletta and Brittney, Mayor Goodway, the pups, & Chickaletta left leaving Ryder and Becky all alone at City Hall. Becky then looked up the stairs and saw Ryder and he started to get nervous when he saw her make an angry expression. "Ok, listen here I'm in charge and you need to pay attention." Becky told Ryder and Ryder nodded. "Come down here now." Becky told Ryder and Ryder tried to stand up but he couldn't because of his leg. Becky groaned and she went upstairs, and she then went behind Ryder and she pushed him down the stairs. Ryder knew that this was going to end badly.

Meanwhile at the vet, Brittney and Mayor Goodway were in the waiting room for the pups as they were getting their checkups. The only time Mayor Goodway has been at the vets was only for Chickaletta and Chickaletta was already done with her yearly shots plus checkup so now they were waiting for the pups but Mayor Goodway was extra worried about Ryder being alone with the babysitter since Becky gave off some bad vibes that didn't felt good. Brittney noticed Mayor Goodway and she asked "You ok Beverly?" "Yeah, I'm just worried about Ryder." Mayor Goodway admitted to Brittney. "You know you can call Becky right?" Brittney told Mayor Goodway and Mayor Goodway immediately pulled out her phone. Becky picked up the phone and asked "Hello? Becky speaking." "Hi Becky, it's me Mayor Goodway. How's Ryder?" Mayor Goodway asked and Becky replied with "Oh! He's currently resting right now and he's being an absolute angel." "You sure?" Mayor Goodway asked. "I'm 100 percent sure Mayor Goodway. I promise." Becky replied but then there was a noise in the background so Becky told Mayor Goodway "I have to go, bye Mayor!" And before Mayor Goodway can say anything, Becky hanged up. Mayor Goodway didn't liked the sounds of how it ended but she knew that once she gets home she'll know if Ryder's ok. 

As a few hours go by and the pups were done with their checkups and Brittney was talking to the receptionist and Mayor Goodway was starting to get worried so she called Becky again but she didn't pick up at all. It went straight to voice-mail which made Mayor Goodway panicked a bit. "I'm gonna stop by the pharmacy so that we can get the prescribed medicine ok?" Brittney told Mayor Goodway and she just nodded. After the quick stop, they headed to City Hall and they noticed that Becky's car was gone as if she completely left her babysitting job. Brittney grabbed attention of the sleeping pups and she took them inside but because of the lights were off she didn't see Ryder. Mayor Goodway grabbed her stuff along with the medicine and she took them inside but she called out Ryder's name and looked around the dark City Hall. That's when she heard a faint sound coming from the kitchen and she immediately walked in, turned on the lights, and saw Ryder in pain on the floor. "RYDER!!!!" Mayor Goodway exclaimed as she dropped her stuff and ran over to him. Chickaletta hopped out of the purse and she flapped down slowly as the purse fell fast to the floor. "Ryder are you ok?" Mayor Goodway asked Ryder as she helped him sit up. Ryder with a teary-eyed face shook his head no. Brittney entered the kitchen and she told Mayor Goodway "I heard screaming, what happened." "I found Ryder like this on the floor. I think Becky did something bad to him." Mayor Goodway explained to Brittney. Brittney went over to the two and she helped Ryder sit up. "Ryder, can you try to tell me what happened?" Brittney asked Ryder and he then try to tell the two the best he can.

"A-and then she said she quit. So sh-she did and left me a mess to c-clean up in the kitchen wh-where I collapsed." Ryder explained as he was finishing up the story. "Well I'll tell you one thing Ryder, you have a few new injuries so we're gonna need to move your appointment to tomorrow." Brittney told Ryder as she took out her phone. "Let's get you to bed and I have an important call to make to someone's parents." Mayor Goodway told Ryder as she helped him up. Mayor Goodway then had to pick up Ryder and she carried him back upstairs.

After Ryder was put in bed and had his new wounds bandaged up. He had to listen from the room he was sleeping in Mayor Goodway yelling at the other person on the line. She was of course in a different room but Ryder can easily hear her faint voice while the pups couldn't and they were all asleep. The yelling only lasted a bit and when it ended, Mayor Goodway entered the room and she told Ryder "Sorry if I kept you up. You feeling better?" Ryder shrugged a bit and she then sat down on the bed. "Do you want to talk about what happened that you couldn't tell Brittney?" Mayor Goodway asked and Ryder then asked Mayor Goodway "Wh-why was she like mom?" Mayor Goodway didn't know how to answer but she then pulled Ryder into a hug and she told him as she let him cry into her shirt "I don't know... Some people are mean like that..."