Chapter Eight

A.N. I'd just like to give a shoutout to sunshinelion_man_ for being totally awesome. You should all check out her book, Back to the Beginning. I am just flying through the chapters- I'm hooked!

****

Sam and Dean are staying at my house for the next couple of days, in the guest room. There are two beds, for whatever reason, and they'll just been staying here. They're going to be laying low upon my request, not making a big face for themselves. Despite their constant pestering, I still haven't told them about why I ran away from them in the first place.

As Cory and I get ready for work, going through our usual routine, it's weird having two extra people in the house. I walk out of the shower at one point to go tell Cory something, yet I'm greeted by a smirking Dean. I glare at him, and head back into my room, trying to keep in my mind what I have to tell Cory, and trying rid my mind of Dean's little smirk he shot me. I blow dry my hair and put it up in a ponytail as usual, putting on my usual makeup, and wearing my usual outfit.

I walk out into the kitchen and living room with my jacket unzipped, figuring a dozen people see me in just my sports bra and leggings at work, so what's two more? I kiss Cory as he brings in Chess, hand him his to-go mug of coffee, and hold his jacket while he slips his arms into it. When he turns around as he flips his collar, he kisses me one last time, making me smile and scrunch my nose. He waves to me, Chess, and the brothers before heading out.

I turn to the brothers as they sit on the couch, watching TV. I look at them both with firm looks, raising my eyebrows and pointing my finger.
"Don't watch anything you wouldn't watch with your mother, stay out of my room or so help me God I will rip out your throats, and take Chess out every once in a while. If you don't, you're picking up any messes he makes in the house. And don't forget to feed him either," I instruct them, receiving a nod from Sam and a drifting gaze from Dean. The taller brother slaps Dean in the chest, whom then coughs, smiles, nods, and turns back to the TV. I roll my eyes before zipping up my jacket, grabbing my keys, and heading out.

When I get to work, Lily is already there and waiting for me at the door. I wince, remembering her and her husband's awkward exit yesterday evening. When she she sees me get out with a broken nose and busted lip, she stares at me wide-eyed, throwing her arms open.
"What happened to you?!" She demands, her voice anxious. She begins poking and prodding at my face, but I just laugh.
"You know my friends that came in yesterday?" I ask, and she nods.
"You mean the ones I heard you screaming at last night?" She replies in a hushed tone as we make our way inside. I wince, nodding.
"Yeah... Well, we went out, rough housed, and it got a little out of hand. You should see the other guy, he's in worse shape than I am," I chuckle. She looks at me in disbelief.
"I'm best friends with a psychopath. Neat," She says under her breath, making me laugh as we round into my class room.

Class goes smoothly, yet Lily demands for me to call her later and explain what happened better. I agree, and she leaves, leaving me to myself. I set up for my next yoga class, laying out the mats and going to get myself more water, as well as something to eat,

When I head into the instructor's lounge, I notice that it's quieter than usual. Normally the lounge is fairly empty anyways, but today, not another soul is to be found. I shrug it off, heading into the kitchen, and making myself a peanut butter and banana sandwich. I refill my water, and as I'm making my way back out, I hear the sound of something being knocked over.

I freeze in my tracks, mid-way through chewing. I swallow, glance around, and slowly turn around. There, standing behind me with a slightly angry facial expression, is Azeriel. I gasp, close my eyes, and place a hand to my chest. I laugh a shaky laugh, scared by his sneaking up on me.
"I didn't see you there," I laugh, shaking my head. I open my eyes, and see that he doesn't look any more amused.
"I told you to stay away from the Winchesters," He says, his voice eerily calm compared to his fury filled eyes. I look at him up and down, and see that he's unbelievably tense.
"I didn't know that they were coming, and they're only staying for a couple of days," I sputter out. He shakes his head.
"If you want to stay safe, tell them to leave today," He snaps back. I glare at him, suddenly angry at him. He took me away from the Winchesters, and he's not going to take them away from me.
"If you want me to be safe, you'll tell me what I'm up against," I fire back. I can feel my neck and face heating up at a rapid pace.
"Fine, meet me at the road you fought Dean at tonight, at 9:00 PM," He replies, and then he's gone. What could be so bad that I need to move away? I shake my head, and march back to class.