Chapter One

The angel Camael circles me, his great wings folded at his back instead of spanning out like they normally do. He holds his chin in his hand, observing me as I attack a Wendigo. It shrills at me and begins running towards me, the dark lighting in the area causing it's skills to be more advanced. I dive to the side, grabbing a propane torch and bug spray sitting by the nearby campsite.

The Wendigo whips around, and catches me on the arm. I grit my teeth already able to feel the warm trickle of blood coming down the remaining length of my arm. Despite the pain, I hold up the bug spray and torch. I press on both of them, and the lit chemicals cause a spray of fire. It lights the Wendigo, sending it spinning and writhing, screeching out the worst noises I've ever heard. When it finally explodes, no longer in existence, Camael walks over to me.
"You got hurt," He states, running a hand over the gash in my arm. I stand tall, focusing my eyes straight ahead. He circles me once more, giving me a spiel on all of my attacks, every move I made. I don't speak, I keep my mouth closed and my expression blank. Listen. Accept. Go home.

After his evaluation, he grabs my hand. Within the blink of an eye, we're back in Heaven. He walks me into the house and shuts the door behind us.
"I will make dinner," I state with a nod. I move to the kitchen, with Camael following behind me.
"Zadkiel is coming for dinner, so you should prepare enough for three," He suggests.

I give a firm nod, and haul out everything to make a big meal. Camael hangs his suit jacket on the back of a chair, his wings now gone, too large to fit into the house. Sitting at the breakfast bar, he holds his hands in his lap. He makes small talk, and I answer with short answers. Only speak when asked questions. And also, never ask questions unless asked.

When I was young, I was aloud to ask anything. My favourite thing would be to sit on the knees of angels, and pet their wings. I still remember the feather's silky touch, and the way they were incredibly strong and firm. The angels would smile down at me, their eyes sparkling with their grace. That was when I was young.

Now, I wake up, workout, and am then brought down to Earth by an angel to fight a supernatural being. Once it's killed, I'm brought back up, and I get free time from then on out. Occasionally, angels come over for dinner, like tonight, and it's a big deal. Typically the angels do the talking, while I act as the server as well as entertainer. They get me to sing for them sometimes, saying I have the voice of an angel. They say it for pure irony but I don't think of it as a compliment. To a human's ears, the natural voice of an angel is a high pitched scream.

Camael is on the line most of the time, speaking business with other angels. Something about a demon outbreak on the surface. Not a large one, a group of three or four. I've fought a couple of demons, not many, but a few. When I first started training, they scared me. How they looked so human, so much like me, except for their eyes. Their eyes are black, with no emotion except for cold hatred, and sometimes lust, greed, glutton- you get the picture. Their eyes are like black sin, and it used to terrify me down to my bones. Now, black eyes are a signal for me to fight.

While the food is on the stove, I excuse myself and make my way to my bedroom. I like my house. I have not seen many other houses, but I enjoy mine. It is based off a lot of neutral colours. Like my living room, it's walls are a soft cream, the couches a nice white. The rug that rests on the light-wood floor is a light brown, like coffee with cream and sugar. The coffee table is a light brown wood with a glass top, and the curtains are white as well. The windows do not open, unlike the front door. Without the angels, I would not be able to walk on the clouds. That is why they always leave the front door open.

Once in my bedroom, I change out of my training clothes into my dinner party clothes. I wear a white pencil skirt that comes down to my knees, as well as a nice, white blouse. It's sleeves come halfway down the tip part of my arms, yet has a cowl type neck. It's tight down my torso, though. I also wear some pearl earrings and a pearl necklace, doing my makeup nicely. I twist my hair up into a simple updo, and then slip on white heels.