Chapter Thirty

Chaos erupts.

But it's quiet.

The group on our left moves out first, taking out a pair of hybrids. Angels come into attention of the commotion, and the group to our right takes advantage of that, sneaking forward and slaughtering them.

I turn to look at Cass, and we give each other a nod. I raise my fingers to my mouth, and let out the whistle that motions Sam and Dean.

I watch as the angels round true building, and move towards where Sam and Dean, as well as the other hunters, come dying to attack the front entrance. I look at Cass again, and we nod.

I take a deep breath and shoot forward.

I curse when gun fire rains down from above. When I look up, I find a hybrid with an automatic gun shooting at Cass and I. I yell out my angel's nam, and Cass flies up. He appears behind the hybrid, and drives an angel blade through his chest.

As Cass comes back to the ground, the body falls forward, and lands directly in front of me. Dust billows up underneath of it, yet I ignore the pooling blood that's beginning to surround the body.

I jump over it, and grab a high windowsill. I look down at Cass and one of our hunters as they fight off a couple angels, cursing as the hunter gets stabbed in the chest. I continue on.

I haul myself up onto the windowsill, and grab a pole going up the side of the building. I take a deep breath, back up a bit, and then take a couple steps forward. I keep my hold on the pole as I swing myself up, only releasing when I come just underneath another little ledge. I curse as a bullet whizzes past my head and lodges into the cement wall.

I look down, and discover another hybrid shooting at me. I curse, and try to duck further into the ledge. Cement bits fly into my face, and I turn my head away. My breathing quickens and I try to devise a plan.

I reach into my jacket, grabbing a small, thin throwing knife. I twirl it in my fingers, take a deep breath, and duck as two more bullets come whizzing past my face, just barely missing my nose.

I quickly turn around, and send the knife flying down. I watch as it sinks into the hybrid's neck, and as the hybrid collapses to the ground. It lays there still and lifeless, and I take that as a motion to keep on going.

I remember when I scaled the house when we ganked the Two Face. It seemed so easy. And although the issue was important, I wasn't on a mission. I wasn't in a war.

This is a war. This is no one on one fight where I slice off someone's head or drive a stake into something's chest. I am fighting for a main goal, against many people with few on my side.

I stand on the edge of the ledge, reach up, and grab a window sill. I haul myself up, and curse as my hand slips. I hang from the ledge with one hand, and I look down towards the ground. Funny thing how 30 feet looks really tall and scary.

I swing my hand around again, this time successfully hauling myself off. I use a knife from my pant leg to pick the lock on the window, then sliding it back in it's place. Just as I'm about to climb in, an angel appears in front of me.

He tries to shove me. I duck, and while his hands are extended over me, I dive forward. I tackle him to the ground, and midair, I grab my angel blade from the inside of my jacket.

As I plunge it into the angel's chest, his appearance changes to Dean. I sit there, watching as blood trickles from his mouth and down the side of his shirt. My eyes widen, and in a panic, I haul the blade from his chest. As I do, his appearance wavers once again, and it's back to the angel.