her name is Villanelle

The next day seemed totally normal, definitely more normal than I expected. I went to work in the morning and got home early and that was literally the only thing I planned for today. To be honest I couldn't think about anything other than the previous day. Not gonna lie I still had my doubts about the whole assassin thing. Although I could have all those beautiful things, i could travel a lot, have a gorgeous place, and spend money on clothes and other useless things. It's not like my income is bad, but I worked my ass off to be able to afford all the things I have, and I never exactly enjoyed any of my jobs.
I had no plans, and I surely didn't want to get out of my appartment. I felt exhausted because of the constant, unenjoyable working and all the thoughts and attempts to make any kind of decision didn't help with that. I've been sitting in my recliner for hours when my doorbell started ringing. I walked to my door, totally forgot about the possibility that I could be in danger. I opened the door and a delivery man was standing at the entrance. He was carrying a big black box with a black silk ribbon on top of it. -Hey, it's your lucky day, a gift for you. Sign here please!- he said with a huge fake grin on his face. -'Kay, thanks!- I said while signing the paperwork he pressed into my hands. -Thaank you, here you go!- he said while carefully giving me the huge box which was pretty heavy apparently. -Have a good one!- I said when he started walking to the elevator and I closed my front door.

I was very excited to open it, so I immediately put the package on the counter and untied the ribbon. Even the box looked so expensive and elegant that I wanted to cry. When I removed the packaging I saw maybe 3 or 4 things in the box, most likely clothes and a white envelope. First I picked up one of the clothes. It was a beautiful burgundy scarf matching perfectly the leather gloves which were also in the box. There was a breathtaking black satin dress and a pair of black platform heels too. Something shined at the bottom of the box, it was something wrapped in shiny paper. It appeared to be a french parfume. I was positive that I've never received such amazing present ever in my life. I opened the envelope hoping it will contain the name of the sender. The envelope contained one singular piece of paper with just a few words on it. It said ,,Sorry for the knife, x Villanelle''. I had to collect myself for a moment but I immediately realized that the person who sent this was no other than the blonde woman from yesterday. Her name is Villanelle.

After minutes of standing and looking at the small letter and the contents of the package, I decided to try on everything. The scarf and the gloves matched excellently the fur coat I was wearing yesterday night when I arrived home. I knew it wasn't a coincidence, and Villanelle has good eyes. Maybe even a bit too good. I tried on the outfit paired with my coat and it was perfect. The dress, and even the heels were exactly my size.