dinner

The night after I received the present was the first night I could sleep through the night without being paranoid. I felt as if a huge weight was removed from my shoulders and I finally decided to text Konstantin. He texted back after approximately 2 hours saying that he is leaving the city tomorrow dawn so if everything goes by plan we'll be able to meet. I was slightly hoping that I will see Villanelle too, but I also knew that she probably won't come. I dressed up a little fancy knowing that I won't come home before the meeting with Konstantin, even though I had no idea when will that happen. I was wearing a white oversized shirt, blue jeans and the burgundy scarf with my fur coat.

Later that day, when I was on my way to the bar Konstantin texted me. He asked if we could meet in 2 hours somewhere. My working hours started in an hour and so it couldn't end in 2 hours, but I didn't care considering that I will quit the job anyway. I told him that I will be at the bar and we can talk there if that's fine by him. He got there in time and we ended up talking on a big and roughly silent terrace. I accepted the job opportunity and Konstantin was actually very surprised by that, he even told me that he thought they will have to kill me. Obviously he said that while smiling, like it was a joke but we both knew that there was a bit of truth in it. He said that first I can start with a partner and if I do the jobs well I can get to higher levels. I'm not saying it's an absolute dream job, but there is a certain kind of excitement in the whole thing. He told me that they haven't chosen my partner yet and that they will update me if they found the right person. We said our goodbyes and I went home.

I was walking home, constantly thinking about my new job and my new partner. I had no idea what kind of person I will have to work with, the only one I already knew was Villanelle, but from her style and appearance I was sure that she is on a 'higher level', which practically means that she does whatever she wants. I was going up the stairs to my apartment and the hallway smelled like a familiar parfume. I opened the front door, took off my shoes and walked to the counter. I opened the fridge and I poured out a glass of wine for myself. I started walking to the recliner, when I heard a noise. Someone was in my bedroom and by the scent which I could smell everywhere I was almost a hundred percent sure it was Villanelle. After all this wouldn't be the first time for her to break into my apartment. I didn't want to look intimidated so instead of going straight to the bedroom I decided to pour out another glass of wine for her too.

I then walked in and as I assumed Villanelle was laying on my bed. It was a heavenly sight, but also really dramatic. She was wearing white wide pants striped along it's length, a white shirt, a tight waistcoat matching her pants and a gorgeous white blazer on top of everything. She turned her face to me. -Oops, were you expecting someone else?- she asked looking at the two wineglasses in my hands. -No, I knew it's you- I said with a little smirk while sitting down on the chair in front of my commode. -How did you know?- she asked curiously while she sat up. The way she looked like an innocent child who lost a game was adorable. -I could smell your parfume and no one else wants to break into my apartment at the moment- I said with a little flirt in my tone, highlighting the end of my sentence.
She didn't say anything as an answer, she rolled her eyes, slid closer to the edge of the bed and took one of the glasses out of my hand. After that she took a few sips from the wine making constant eye contact with me. Her hair was in a low bun, she had no makeup on but her skin and her lips were glowing.

-Did you take the job?- she asked breaking the silence with her deep voice and sharpe Russian accent. -Yeah, I did- I answered. She made a 'wow-that-is-impressive' face and took another sip from the white wine. I felt a bit anxious by the silence, so I drank all the wine I had in my glass in 3 seconds. She was sitting right in front of me on the edge of the bed and her knees were slightly touching mine. She opened her legs a little and leaned over her thighs with her head down, facing the floor, putting both of her forearms on her knees. That way her face and her upper body was even closer to me and I could feel the warm air when she exhaled. -God, I really hope I won't have to kill you when you mess up- she sighed. I forgot to be offended by her words, probably because I was very deep in my thoughts. I hated her so much but she was also so attractive from certain angles.

As a result of the impulsivity of my thoughts a few ill-considered words left my mouth -Have dinner with me!- I said that as if it was more like a demand than a polite question. She looks up at me, smirks and lets a little "mhm" kind of laugh out. -Wow, are you already telling me what to do?- she says with a sarcastic tone. -Sorry...Can I make dinner for you than?- I said with the same sarcastic tone she used before and smiled a bit. -Yes- she answered quickly, without hesitation.
........
Mhm what a chapter:))) I hope you liked it, please vote if you did! let me know what u think