back home

I ended up leaving the apartment before Villanelle to catch the earliest flight back to Amsterdam. On the way to the airport I couldn't stop thinking about the events that have occurred and the more I tried not to think about it the more I felt terrible for leaving like this. I desperately tried to convince myself that I was right and I did the right thing but after a few failed attempts I caught myself thinking about what should've I done differently. The only thing I knew is that we both were hurt and left alone.

The ton of thought which I refused to call emotions or pain didn't seem to calm down on the airplane either. I wondered how this affects Villanelle or how is she doing after all this. I convinced myself again that I'm just overreacting and that both of us are okay, or at least I should be fine because V is probably doing okay.
After I arrived I spent the rest of the day in my apartment, cleaning and organizing every possible inch of it to keep myself busy and distracted. Obviously my pride couldn't admit that this was my coping mechanism so I noted it as a spring clean-up. I found myself being done with everything around the house and absolutely out of work to do. I was seated in one of the armchairs finishing a bottle of wine when my phone buzzed.

,,Hi! Did you get home safely?'' said the message I received from Villanelle. I immediately got a flashback from when we exchanged our numbers before the kill. A warm feeling rushed through my body when I saw the message and after hesitating for a moment I texted her back as fast as I could.
,,Yeah... did you get home too?'' I continued the chat.
,,Yes! Sorry for bothering so late. I just wanted to know'' Villanelle also answered in a minute and her words made me feel so comfortable even through the phone. She started typing a few times while I was just looking at her messages thinking about something to write back.
,,You're not bothering. I'm sorry for earlier'' The great amount of wine in me decided to go a little soft.
,,It's ok'' she typed back after a few minutes. I wasn't sure how to feel about this reaction considering that I couldn't see her face or anything so I just went ahead and asked her.
,,Are you mad?'' I sent the message hoping for a positive answer.
,,Yes, a bit.'' Villanelle answered in a moment. I was expecting something less honest but I totally understood her because I really was a dick a few hours ago.
,,I want to see you tho'' she continued. I felt relieved when I gazed at the text.
,,I want to see you too!" I answered how I actually felt.
This small chat got our ,,relationship" to higher levels by it's honesty. Villanelle didn't respond but I wasn't mad about it knowing that this was enough for both of us to understand that this is definitely not the end of our story. I fell asleep easily, remembering this pleasant ending of an emotionally fatiguing day.

The next morning Konstantin showed up at my apartment, which wasn't as surprising as it should be. I knew that The Twelve probably knows every single information about me, so Konstantin appearing in my home wasn't the most terrifying thing to happen. We chatted a little just to pretend like we are normal people with an extremely average job.
-So I heard that your first day of work went okay and you helped Villanelle a lot- he began to talk a little more slyly and seriously. -She suggested that you should be her assistant- Konstantin continued with his intense Russian accent. -Her assistant?- I got upset in approximately 2 seconds knowing that I was the one who killed the target and saved her ass. -They think it's a good idea so they agreed with the suggestion- Konstantin answered calmly, he obliviously meant The Twelve. I realized that even though he's not being agressive or angry I can't do much about it and I will have to agree with The Twelve's ,,suggestion" -Fine, but I want to do things on my own too...- I said the last part quietly. -You are so much like her. I can see why she likes you- Konstantin shook his head as he turned around and started walking to the front door. -But be careful with her. She is naughty all the time- He gazed back at me for a second, gave a postcard to me and left the apartment just like that. 'Oh I know that' I thought to myself as I closed the front door and walked back to the kitchen area with the piece of paper in my hand.
I wasn't sure why the hell Konstantin gave me a postcard from Paris. After two seconds I still wasn't close to the answer so I ran to the balcony searching for Konstantin on the street and I called his phone quickly. He answered the call and turned around to face me standing on the balcony. -What is this?- I lifted the postcard up and questioned Konstantin. He laughed loudly and said -I forgot to mention but it's your new job. Just ask Villanelle, she will help you- he turned around put the phone down and walked away. -Great- I whispered angrily knowing that I definitely have to call her because I won't be able to do this job without her help.
....

Hi there! thank you for reading
We're already over 1k views, that's crazy! hope you enjoyed this shorter chapter, i'm trying to come up with exciting stuff and quality content obviously. new chapter/chapters coming very soon, i promise