A Favor

Monday morning had come quickly. After the horrible weekend Hermione just had, all she wanted to do was hide in the library and get on with studying for her exam. Unfortunately there was no way for her to avoid seeing Snape. They would both be expected at breakfast and though the embarrassment of what happened in Snapes chambers mortified her, when she thought about it she couldn't avoid him forever. Hermione approached the great hall. 'Just get on with it.' She told herself. Walking in she saw Snape seated in his usual spot. He was talking to Minerva but his focus went straight to Hermione the second she walked in. His eyes followed her as she took her seat. She was sure her face was red. Hermione scarfed down her porridge then headed to the library.

She tried to study but all she could think about was the Professor. Part of her was angry that he put her in that position. Why was he so drunk to begin with. But then Hermione remembered his kiss. The kiss that sent butterflies off in her stomach. Seeing his naked body in his bed laying next to her. How he took care of her later that morning, letting her sleep and having breakfast brought down even though she practically ran out of his chambers. Her embarrassment wasn't his fault. She also wished they had actually had sex for no other reason than she was tired of waiting for it to happen. She also kept reasoning that maybe the Professor was the type of man she wanted to be with. It was true he was prickly on the outside but that didn't bother Hermione. He was the most intelligent man she knew outside of her father. He always made a point to speak with her when he came to the library about her Potions studies. She wished she could remember exactly what did happen that night. What if she went back to his chambers when he was sober. Would he be like he was that morning or was his kindness just guilt. He did kiss her first. Of course he was drunk. Hermione spent the rest of the week debating herself.

Friday evening rolled around and Hermione decided she would pay the Professor a visit. She couldn't get him out of her head and she caught him staring at her through meals in the great hall. She kept her head in her books and tried not to look at him but inevitably she and the professors eyes would meet.

Hermione took a bath to calm her nerves. She put on her favorite dress. It was a pale pink knee length cotton dress with little flowers in the pattern. It had spaghetti straps so Hermione grabbed her pink cardigan as the dungeons were a little cool. She dabbed a bit of perfume on her neck and tied her long curls back.

Hermione made her way to the dungeons. She stopped just outside of Snapes chamber door. 'Deep breaths Granger.' She said to herself. Her heart was pounding but she summoned her Gryffindor courage and knocked on the door. After a moment the professor opened the door.

"Miss Granger." He looked surprised. She had a tiny cotton dress on that made him swallow his urge smile. She was lovely.

"Professor." She swallowed. "May I come in?"

"Please." He opened the door for her to enter. He picked a stack of papers off the sofa to make room for her.

Hermione sat with her hands folded in her lap. She stared at her fingers as she played with a little gold ring her parents gave her. Her heart was in her throat.

"Are you alright Miss Granger?" Snape asked. She nodded yes, still unable to get any words out. Snape stood. "Would you like some tea?"

"That would be lovely. Thank you." She felt relieved he was getting the tea. It would give her a moment to calm down.

The professor poured them each a cup. He first thought of offering a glass of wine but in light of the last weekend thought tea may be a better choice.

The professor was growing impatient with the witch fiddling. She obviously was here for a reason but was saying nothing.

"Did you come here to sit on my sofa and play with your ring Miss Granger?"